We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?

York, United Kingdom
1 post
Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?

Hello everyone,

My dad is flying to the UK from Brunei next week for my graduation. We are planning to visit Lake District sometime next week from York by car. However, although it was my dad's idea, he is not actually very fit and he has a knee problem so hiking is not an option. He just wants to "sightsee and maybe go for lake cruise". We're traveling on a low budget and I'm not sure how to plan the day out. I'd also still want to enjoy the good views in Lake District.

Can anyone suggests me what's best to see in Lake District?

5 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?

Take a boat trip on Lake windermere from Bowness.

Aspatria, England...
Level Contributor
205 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?

Go on the launch round Derwentwater

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
35,089 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?

The Lake District is National Trust and National Park so there are paths suitable for the less able and all terrain Trampers for hire. Usually at a very reasonable price but they must be booked in advance due to popularity. These will enable your father and you to explore further.

Do a google search with the words 'trampers lake district' and lots of information comes up. You may want to pick a suitable place with this facility that you want to explore and it will help you choose a location for your stay.

This is the sort of thing. You can email them and ask for price and availability. It would be nice for him to get out on the paths and close to uk nature

https://lakedistrictmobility.org/equipment/

https://lakedistrictmobility.org/

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?

lakedistrict.gov.uk/visiting/thingstodo/walk…

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
160 reviews
5. Re: Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?

A boat trip is an excellent idea, though personally I think Ullswater is the most scenic lake, so I'd be tempted to go there.

Reply to: Daytrip to Lake District with knee pain?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake District
Recent Conversations