We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

We are planning to take an early 07.00 ferry to Oostende so need 1 night in Ramsgate room only with parking. We also would like to have an Italian meal the night before so we would prefer accommodation within walking distance of the town. I do recall a nice Italian place on the harbour/quay which we went to some years ago but I cannot recall the name. Any recommendations for us on a hotel and restaurant please?

Thankyou !

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
196 reviews
1. Re: early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

You could look at the Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront which is right beside the harbour. Parking is in the public multi-storey opposite, and the rates are shown on the website. The Royal Harbour Hotel overlooks the harbour and has "complimentary onstreet parking". Both are about a 1 min walk from La Magnolia which I'm sure is the Italian restaurant you're thinking of.

If you've not been to Ramsgate recently you should be aware there is a newish approach road to the ferry port from a roundabout on the main A299 Canterbury Road East - you can no longer drive to it from the harbour - so you'd have to go slightly back out of town again in the morning.

Failing anything in town, there are now also the Premier Inn and Holiday Inn Express out of town on the A299 Minster roundabout which because there is now a new dual carriageway all the way to Ramsgate (completed 2012) they are only 5 mins drive to the ferry port.

2. Re: early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 March 2013, 21:35
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
196 reviews
3. Re: early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

mash07,

You're not permitted to recommend your own business on the TripAdvisor forums. You can find these forum guidelines here tripadvisor.co.uk/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote…

This content and all the other guidelines are in the Help Centre accessible from the bottom of every TripAdvisor page.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

Thankyou BayB0y.. the route to the ferry terminal was I recall newly opened the last time we went so we are familiar with it, having been caught out on that occasion! Will certainly check out the hotels you recommend . Sorry but Royal Harbour Hotel doesn't fit the bill.

mexico city
Level Contributor
49 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

Italian restaurant? definitely the Alexandra Ristorante in front of the harbour.

6. Re: early ferry: where to stay 1 night room only?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2018, 13:51
Get answers to your questions about Ramsgate