We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanet Family Holiday advice

Celbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Thanet Family Holiday advice

Hi will be in Thanet area (margate, ramsgate, Broadstairs) early September looking for a good hotel/guesthouse or even self catering for 2 -3 nights in good seafront location for two adults and two kids (1 & 3 yrs).

All advise welcome

THanks

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
158 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Thanet Family Holiday advice

Thanet has a few seafront hotels, most of them are quite pricey though. I would stick to Broadstairs as a place to stay as it is the nicest (and safest) of the three towns. The Royal Albion hotel is bang on the seafront in Broadstairs and right in the heart of the town centre, however it's quite expensive. You might like to try the Fareness Hotel which is on the seafront at Botany Bay (about 3 miles from Broadstairs town centre). The Kent International Hotel in Ramsgate is on the harbour front also. There are numerous little B&Bs along the coast between Stone Bay and Viking Bay in Broadstairs that are likely to have rooms at the time of year you are going.

Have a look here for far more info on Bstairs guest houses + self catering:

www.visitbroadstairs.co.uk/wheretostay.htm

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
2. Re: Thanet Family Holiday advice

If you havent already booked then check out the Walpole Bay in Cliftonville - OK Cliftonville is a pretty shabby resort but the hotel is away from that and the rooms, service and food are excellent. Its quirky, excentric and has stacks of history but as someone who lives out of a suitcase and spent over three weeks there I can say that it has to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.

The rest of the Thanet resorts are only a short drive away so its worth at least checking out!!

Celbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Thanet Family Holiday advice

Great thanks for advice!

Olu deniz
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Thanet Family Holiday advice

Stay at Broadstairs and you won't be disappointed. There are some really good B&B's there and I have stayed in most of them so I should know. Go on the Broadstairs site via google and a whole list of B&B's will come up. One particularly good one is the Viking Guest house which is spotless and reasonable> A little more up-market but still cheaper than the Albion is the Victorian Hotel on the seafront - I haven't stayed there but the pics look lovely.

5. Re: Thanet Family Holiday advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Ramsgate