We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to and accommodation in Cheltenham

Dublin
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flights to and accommodation in Cheltenham

Hi everyone,

Just wondering...is Birmingham the nearest airport to Cheltenham? I'm coming from Dublin and plan on flying Ryanair. Are there good public transport connections from the airport to Cheltenham?

Also, can anyone please recommend a nice hotel, guesthouse or B&B (preferably a nice romantic, old-fashioned one!) that isn't too far from the racecourse? And how far is the town from the racecourse?

Many thanks in advance for all your help!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to and accommodation in Cheltenham

There's not a lot to choose between either Birmingham or Bristol airports. Both are served from Dublin by Ryanair.

Both are pretty easy to reach Cheltenham from. From Birmingham airport you'll need a train to Birmingham New Street then change for Cheltenham. Or from Bristol Airport, take the bus to Bristol Temple Meads and then the train to Cheltenham.

The racecourse is a little over a mile from the town center, maybe a mile and a half from the railway station. During the festival there are shuttle buses from the station.

Sorry I can't help with hotel or B&B.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,412 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to and accommodation in Cheltenham

I would check with the local tourist office, but my understanding is that most places are booked up about a year in advance, especially nice ones that are convenient for the racecource.

I have a seen a steam train that runs from Toddington in the Cotswolds into Cheltenham (about 15 miles). It may that looking around there will provide options.

3. Re: Flights to and accommodation in Cheltenham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Cheltenham