We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheltenham Christmas Market

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
477 reviews
Cheltenham Christmas Market

Has anyone been previously? Is it worth a visit?

I went to Oxford Christmas Market last year and was very disappointed. I walk around it in 5 mins.

Is the Cheltenham Christmas Market big?

I go to the Birmingham one every year and that is massive.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

I've not been but it has a website here:

http://www.cheltenhamchristmasmarket.co.uk/ I wouldn't think it's likely to be as big as the Birmingham one given the relative sizes of the two places.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
477 reviews
2. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

Thanks for that, yes ive been on that site. Yes the Birmingham one is very big and wouldn't expect it to be as big, I just thought Id ask as I was disappointed last year at Oxford.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
3. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

It certainly won't be very big - just a line of stalls in the Promenade. They may offer better than the tat that most markets sell so it could be made up for in quality. And it looks to be for two weeks only.

I wouldn't make it the only reason to visit Cheltenham

Northleach, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

No it's not big at all, maybe about 10 stalls. Not worth travelling far for it IMO.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
477 reviews
5. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

Ok, thanks for the info. I was planning to go in the middle of Dec however the markets finish at the start of Dec

cheltenham
Level Contributor
283 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

I wouldn't waste your money! I live in Cheltenham and I wouldn't go into town especially to see it! Last year there were less than 20 stalls, and most were selling food!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
368 reviews
7. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

Thee is still a yearly Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre with a lot of individual stool holders in numerous locations over the town and that was extremely well attended when we went it was actually a push to get into some buildings sometimes.

So that's another one to consider, more info here: http://www.burystedmundschristmasfayre.co.uk/ but try this for a list of uk events:http://www.christmasmarkets.com/UK.html

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

went to Cheltenham Christmas Market Sunday 18th November,not worth travelling a long distance just for it, but Cheltenham is a nice place to do a Christmas shop and to encorporate the market into it

Cheltenham
6 posts
9. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

Only visit the market if you are in Cheltenham already. Sadly not worth travelling to see.

Cheltenham is great for shopping though with 2 big arcades and many individual shops.

I live here, I know !

Liz

Www.cheltenhamracingaccommodation.com

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
101 reviews
10. Re: Cheltenham Christmas Market

I was amazed at the size and quality of Gloucester's Christmas Market this year. Far, far better than previous years and only 10 miles from Cheltenham.

There were major traffic problems though, caused by the huge (and I suspect unexpected) influx of people when word got out.

Hopefully that aspect will be sorted by next year.

Get answers to your questions about Cheltenham