We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

England
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Parking

Hi - I’m hoping someone can help please?

I shall be spending a day in Cheltenham (weekday) this week with a friend. Can you please advise as to best parking options for the day.

We would like to look around the Promenade, Montpelier and the Imperial gardens, maybe popping in to the Queens Hotel for lunch or afternoon tea.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

23 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
288 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Parking

There's plenty of on street parking that is charged by the hour. Alternatively there are two park and rides (at the Racecourse or by B and Q). Enjoy your day.

England
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Parking

Thank you Peter - much appreciated.

Level Contributor
2,409 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Parking

When we were there we parked in the NCP , but to get the special rate you need to be in by 9.30 am

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Parking

#1 I don't think there are any on-street parking areas which allow longer than 4 hours. Similarly many of the surface car-parks have a 4 hour, or less, limit. Both the Regent Arcade (best for your plans) and Brewery Car Parks (which I think is #2) have all day. As Peter says P&R may be the best bet if you are coming from West or North and don't plan to stay late - Arle Court from M5 last P&R bus about 19:00, Racecourse (North) is a stop for standard routes.

https:/…car_parks ... Borough Council Car Parks.

https:/…

England
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Parking

Thank you Margaret. Unfortunately we probably won’t arrive until around 10.30am but appreciate this information which may come in handy for future visits.

Edited: 16 July 2018, 16:13
England
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Parking

Thanks Penmere....we will definitely be there longer than 4 hours, so that’s good to know. It does sound as though Park & Ride maybe our best option. Thanks again!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
101 reviews
7. Re: Parking

Be warned if you plan to drive through the centre of Cheltenham. In their wisdom the local council has closed the main route through town and have not signposted alternatives. They expect people to find their own way! Very tourist friendly I don't think.

England
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Parking

Oh heavens...park and ride definitely seems the best option. Presumably the buses know where they’re going! Many thanks.

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Parking

And there's me trying to be diplomatic about traffic confusion - should hear the conversation in the pub from people who have been driving "the same route for 30 years, just been booked".

England
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Parking

So very grateful for all your feedback and so glad I asked the question. You’ve probably saved me from a great deal of confusion and frustration!

Reply to: Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cheltenham