We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The November Meeting

Cork
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
The November Meeting

Hi All,

So going to the November meeting this year, going to get a train from Birmingham to Cheltenham, I am wondering how far is the racecourse from the town centre? Also will it be handy enough to get taxis from our hotel (Cheltenham Regency Hotel ) to racecourse (20 min drive) & taxis from town centre to hotel etc. Any recommendations for good pubs with live music / DJ's etc?

Would it be very busy in November, as busy as the festival in March?

TIA :-)

5 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: The November Meeting

Plenty of info at …thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/visi…

Includes details of the shuttle buses from town to racecourse for The November Meeting. I’ve not attended that meeting but i’m Guessing it’s pretty busy otherwise the transport would not be provided?

Cork
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: The November Meeting

Thank you.. 😊

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: The November Meeting

PMQ has given you a useful link. The November meeting is much smaller than The Festival in the affect on the town. Google Cheltenham Regency Hotel and use the Google map Location link, you will see that the hotel is to the West of the town, and the Racecourse North. Also note the railway line, this does seriously affect traffic in Cheltenham as there are narrow bridges and level crossings. As you will be using taxis the route doesn't really matter, but just to explain that routes taken may seem eccentric. For the 2 main events traffic management is implemented by the police & local govt, I don't think this is yet specified as major changes are being made to the one way system in the town centre. From the hotel the route will probably be NE towards Southam to enter the racecourse from the North.

I don't think the shuttle bus will be much use to you in the mornings, but you can use it in the evening to the town centre. If the weather is reasonable there is a pleasant walk from Racecourse across parkland into the centre - about 20 minutes. There are numerous taxi ranks in the centre for getting back to the hotel.

The hotel offers a helicopter service which sounds fun and expensive. I'm pretty sure they will have an arrangement to provide a mini-bus shuttle although it isn't mentioned.

Can't help with the evening frolics, but there will be plenty going on. If you fancy a specific restaurant you need to book, for pot luck the Brewery Quarter has a wide range of national chains, I think the Mexican and Chinese get good TA reviews.

You will need to use a taxi between station and hotel. Enjoy your visit.

Cork
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: The November Meeting

Thanks very much for all the info. May inquire about the helicopter 😂😂. Thanks again.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
138 reviews
5. Re: The November Meeting

It is about a 30 minute walk from the town center or you can catch a bus that goes to the racecourse? (Stagecoach service D and E runs every 6/7 minutes during the day and between 10 minutes and every hour on Monday to Saturday evenings)

For pubs with live music check out https:/…live-music-pub-venues

Enjoy your stay :)

Reply to: The November Meeting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted