We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exmoor Zoo

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,834 posts
18 reviews
119 helpful votes
Exmoor Zoo
Save

I am heading down Dunster way in a couple of weeks time and was wondering if anyone has been to Exmoor Zoo during the Covid period and can comment on how that has affected a visit at all (Ive read their rules etc - Im just looking to see if any can describe the effect on a visit in terms of waits, visiblity etc.

Actually I could expand the question to cover nearby Tropiquaria and Combe Matrin Wildlife Park...

Thanks for any comment.

3 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
48,058 posts
67 reviews
118 helpful votes
1. Re: Exmoor Zoo
Save

I haven't visited but Tropiquaria looked very quiet. It made me think I might go again without the crowds there have been in the area.

Though with the dreadful weather people may have been inside.

Unfortunately it's been too busy on the roads and resorts for me to have made my usual visits to the other places

Are there any reviews written for them during this time that might mention it? Or maybe trying to PM anyone who has.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,834 posts
18 reviews
119 helpful votes
2. Re: Exmoor Zoo
Save

Thanks, I did look at the reviews but they are very bland on detail. The other issue with reviews is they seem to be first time visitors reviewing, so dont really compare the setup with before.

Tropiquaria being quiet means we will likely get a good view of the place. I am hoping that the fact we come down on the 5th may clear the volume of people out some for school restart.

Edited: 25 August 2020, 08:04
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
48,058 posts
67 reviews
118 helpful votes
3. Re: Exmoor Zoo
Save

You and me both Myrm.

I haven't travelled more than 30mins since before Christmas. Wet winter, lockdown we were not allowed to drive except for shopping and then the crowds. It's been like Bank Holiday for 4mts.

I found the same with the reviews. They didn't refer usefully to the current situation.

Enjoy your trip.

Reply to: Exmoor Zoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Exmoor National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.