We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free food

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Gluten free food

Can anyone recommend a nice place to eat in the centre of Exeter with a good choice of gluten free food? Most places have a few options but it would be good to find somewhere with more choice.

5 replies to this topic
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: Gluten free food

There's a TripAdvisor for that.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g1…

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Gluten free food

Thanks wardms. They list places with GF options but I was hoping for reviews of the GF food in particular. Just thought a GF eater may have a favourite spot? Unfortunately I've found the choices in some places quite poor.

k r
Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
220 posts
718 reviews
3. Re: Gluten free food

I am a coeliac, and have eaten in Exeter on a few occasions and two places spring to mind, both near the John Lewis building, in New North Road, and across the road from each other.

The Oddfellows is a gastropub, as many things are cooked fresh they have adapted meals for me.

The Old Firehouse has a more straightforward menu, but a lovely selection of local real cider to go with it.

Edited: 08 September 2018, 16:03
england
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
129 reviews
4. Re: Gluten free food

Cafe rouge advertise that several dishes can be made gluten free but I wouldnt say the food was great - I was told the duck isnt too bad, chicken was dry. For cheap and cheerful try Drake's cafe by the cathedral.

If it doesnt have to be central then https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

Edited: 09 September 2018, 07:16
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Gluten free food

Thank you both for your replies. My mum is in her 70s and coeliac and we are going shopping in Exeter, so it's good to know where we can eat within easy reach of the shops. Thanks very much for your recommendations.

Edited: 09 September 2018, 21:29
Reply to: Gluten free food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Exeter
Recent Conversations