We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotel in Devon

Marlborough, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
105 reviews
Luxury hotel in Devon

Hi does anyone have a view on whether Hotel Endsleigh is better than Gidleigh Park or are they of a similar standard. I know all hotels have their strengths and weaknesses but I’m looking for a more adult focused place with picturesque views, nice grounds, peace and quiet, relaxation and decent food. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,427 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Luxury hotel in Devon

I’ve never been to Gidleigh Park but have visited the Endsleigh several times. I’ve been given guided tours of the hotel and gardens as well as eating various meals there.

If you’re looking for an “adult focused place with picturesque views, nice grounds, peace and quiet, relaxation and decent food” I highly recommend it. The gardens are superb, the staff are friendly and there are plenty of smallish public rooms, different terraces etc to enjoy isolation if you wish. Great food too.

An added bonus: the history of the place is fascinating.

Edited: 29 July 2018, 17:40
Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
900 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Luxury hotel in Devon

Lympstone Manor beats both....

england
Level Contributor
6,724 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: Luxury hotel in Devon

Never been to any of those - but I like Bovey Castle. It is child friendly though, puts on activities for them. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
201 reviews
4. Re: Luxury hotel in Devon

I was very impressed with Gidleigh Park when I went for lunch, the only drawback being the road to it but that's a minor inconvenience. We went on a tour of the house, herb garden and the less formal garden too but I was quite surprised (albeit three years ago) that it didn't have a swimming pool.

Reply to: Luxury hotel in Devon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Devon