We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Kingsbridge

Houston, TX
8 posts
getting to Kingsbridge

I will be visiting family in UK in July. I'm trying to figure out the most efficient/cost effective way to get from Belfast to Kingsbridge. There is a Flybe nonstop into Exeter, but I'm not sure from there - there doesn't seem to be a bus to Kingsbridge. Any thoughts?

6 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,298 posts
440 reviews
1. Re: getting to Kingsbridge

Use http://www.traveline.info/ and plug in Exeter Air[port and Kingsbridge - remember to also set it to the date and time you expect to arrive. A slightly disjointed trip!

1. From Exeter International Airport, take 56 bus to Bus Station (Bay 2), Exeter City Centre

20 minutes. Stagecoach South West

2. Take X64 bus to Coronation Road Opposite Town Mill (Stop D), Coronation Road, Totnes

1 hour 5 minutes. Stagecoach South West

3. Take 164 bus to Bus Station (Stand 1), Kingsbridge

55 minutes. Tally Ho! Coaches

Edited: 07 February 2018, 19:34
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
2. Re: getting to Kingsbridge

As PMQuestions highlights, it is not a straightforward journey.

Depending on budget, a quicker alternative is:

1. taxi from airport to Exeter St Davids Station (would be around £15)

2. train from Exeter St Davids to Totnes (will vary hugely in price depending on time of day etc. Check https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey

3. taxi from Totnes to Kingsbridge (my guess would be in region of £25, but am sure someone else on this forum will have more accurate idea

Enjoy. It's a pretty journey, especially train bit between Exeter and Newton Abbott, where you'll enjoy the Dawlish Loop (sit on left, facing forward!).

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,348 posts
839 reviews
3. Re: getting to Kingsbridge

The easiest way is if someone from Kingsbrdge picks you up either at Exeter Airport or if you take the train then they can pick you up at Totnes. Exeter to Kingsbridge is only about 35 miles or so, and Totnes to Kingsbridge just a few miles. If you want to do the whole route on your own then take the train to Totnes from Exeter which as mentioned above is a beautiful journey, and get a taxi from Totnes to Kingsbridge.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: getting to Kingsbridge

If it helps, the 164 bus from Totnes to Kingsbridge also calls at Totnes Rail Station, picking up next to the Platform that the train from Exeter uses - see …travelinesw.com/swe-ttb/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST… for bus timetable.

P-t-B

Houston, TX
8 posts
5. Re: getting to Kingsbridge

Thank you to everyone! I think I now have a plan!

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
875 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: getting to Kingsbridge

Totnes to Kingsbridge is a good half-hour's drive, as the roads are narrow and slow. I think a taxi could be quite expensive, perhaps £30-40. Bus might be a better bet. There are taxis outside Totnes station, so you could always ask them for an estimate while you're waiting for the bus!

Reply to: getting to Kingsbridge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Devon