1. From Exeter International Airport, take 56 bus to Bus Station (Bay 2), Exeter City Centre
20 minutes. Stagecoach South West
2. Take X64 bus to Coronation Road Opposite Town Mill (Stop D), Coronation Road, Totnes
1 hour 5 minutes. Stagecoach South West
3. Take 164 bus to Bus Station (Stand 1), Kingsbridge
55 minutes. Tally Ho! CoachesEdited: 07 February 2018, 19:34
As PMQuestions highlights, it is not a straightforward journey.
Depending on budget, a quicker alternative is:
1. taxi from airport to Exeter St Davids Station (would be around £15)
3. taxi from Totnes to Kingsbridge (my guess would be in region of £25, but am sure someone else on this forum will have more accurate idea
Enjoy. It's a pretty journey, especially train bit between Exeter and Newton Abbott, where you'll enjoy the Dawlish Loop (sit on left, facing forward!).
The easiest way is if someone from Kingsbrdge picks you up either at Exeter Airport or if you take the train then they can pick you up at Totnes. Exeter to Kingsbridge is only about 35 miles or so, and Totnes to Kingsbridge just a few miles. If you want to do the whole route on your own then take the train to Totnes from Exeter which as mentioned above is a beautiful journey, and get a taxi from Totnes to Kingsbridge.
Thank you to everyone! I think I now have a plan!