We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carbis beach apartments

Manchester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
carbis beach apartments

I've recently stayed at 205 Carbis Beach Apartments and was very happy with the accommodation apart from one (quite important) detail - the bed in the double room was so hard that we could not sleep on it! Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. I know that the same letting company has Apartment 206 as well. Does anyone know what the beds are like in 206?? I would be very interested to hear from you.

Thanks

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carbis beach apartments

I have stayed at properties that are let out by the holiday company that let out Carbis Beach Apartments and I have had no problems with the beds at any of their properties. I have not stayed at 205 or 206 Carbis Beach Apartments though. I would say that whether a bed is too hard/too soft is a very subjective thing and, what you find uncomfortable, someone else will find very comfortable. It is always a difficult one to comment on the comfortableness of beds because everyone has differing needs. I prefer a very firm mattress because I find it to be more supportive. If you have any comments about something in the property it would be a good idea if you seek the comments of the letting company.

Suzi

Manchester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: carbis beach apartments

Thank you for your reply and I mainly agree with your comments about preferences being subjective. However, in my long experince of self- catering holidays, this is the first time I have not been able to sleep on a bed. It would be interesting to hear from people who have stayed in these particular apartments.

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: carbis beach apartments

Hi Lysicat

The only thing I would say is that most holiday lettings agents do not own the property they let out and the furniture contained within each apartment is not provided by the company but by the accommodation owner. It could be that the accommodation owner likes a firm bed, maybe they have a bad back or something. Did you speak to the holiday lettings agents to discuss?

Suzi

4. Re: carbis beach apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about St Ives
Recent Conversations