We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to reach St Ives in late evening?

9 posts
How to reach St Ives in late evening?

Hi,

We are planning to visit St Ives this weekend and have train tickets to Penzance from London. The train reaches St. Erth at 10:15pm. Can you please suggest what are our options to get to our B&B which is in St Ives? I couldn't find any trains at that time. Thanks!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,645 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

Looks like it will have to be a taxi as you are right, you miss the last train.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
2. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

There are buses from Penzance to St Ives at 2235 and 2335 arriving St Ives at 2316 and 0016. First Cornwall 17B service

They don't go via St Erth though

The bus and train stations in Penzance are very close.

St Ives
Level Contributor
400 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

There are indeed no trains after 21.58 so it's got be a taxi. Someone like Ace Cars 01736 797799 would be fine, and it'll cost around £11-12 depending on where in St Ives you are staying.

As you know you are coming I'd book it. They may ask you to give them a call when your train reaches Truro so they know the exact ETA

9 posts
4. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

That's great, I'll book a cab, thanks for your replies!

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

Please dont forget to let your B&B know you will be arriving late, if you havent already. They may even offer to pick you up.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,645 posts
84 reviews
6. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

That's actually a very good point Lily

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

Apologies for the TA "I'll answer a different question" style, but as you are arriving late, have you considered staying later in London and getting the sleeper down to Penzance?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
8. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

A taxi would still be better, but the buses I mentioned earler DO pass very near St Erth Station (having checked a map). It would stil be a lot of waiting around for not a vast saving

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

Thanks Annabele, we have done it many times.

10. Re: How to reach St Ives in late evening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about St Ives
Recent Conversations