Wife's cousin is a big fan of Doc Martin, so she's coming over next spring for 8 days (we will be flying up from Greece a couple of days before to meet her at LHR). Plan at this point is:
1. Train from LHR to Paddington then to Exeter.
2. Hire car in Exeter, then drive to Port Isaac
3. Five nights in Port Isaac-see Doc Martin sights and also various day trips with the hire car.
4. Train to London Paddington for last two days-staying near Paddington, probably Bayswater.
5. Paddington to LHR and she'll fly out.
Questions so far are:
1. Is decent, reliable car hire availble near Exeter train station?
2. According to Google maps, train to Exeter takes same time as driving straight from LHR. In practice has anyone found this?
3. How busy will PI be in May; we are avoiding both Bank Holidays (11th to 16th), I think. Will school half-terms be an issue?
4. We will be three adults travelling and staying in two rooms. Will a single room be difficult to find at that time?
That's it for now. Thanks and Happy Festivus.