We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking -Esplanade Road

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
63 reviews
Parking -Esplanade Road

Is it free to park on Esplande Road. Can’t understand the signs as they say Midnight -9am.? Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

I read that sign as being you are allowed to park between Midnight and 9am.

It's really weird there's no other information.

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

I take that sign to say you can't park between midnight and 0900, only because I know there was a clampdown on this in Newquay a while ago to stop people parking overnight.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
98 reviews
3. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

Well the sign doesn't read like that at all, it should say no parking between midnight and 9am (if what you're saying is true). Or Parking only between 9am and midnight.

I've looked at it on Street View, it literally says the little information that the OP suggested.

Most signs state how long you can park for too, and the return time. Very odd.

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

I do totally agree with you wardms but I do think this is what it means. I've noticed before that when the P is in a blue square and has a large white area around it with writing in it, that will show when you can't park, if the P has a small white border you can freely park as long as you are in the correct vehicle but this is my interpretation of it. You can definitely park for free in between those hours however on Esplanade Road, if you can find a space.

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

Further to my previous post, I'm now wondering if this sign does mean that only cars can park between these times, rather than other vehicles such as campervans. If I were the OP, I would perhaps ring one of the hotels on that road to confirm because as we said it is very confusing!

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

Hi thanks for all your comments. Parked there yesterday..spoke to local council worker who was there....she said it was ok to park . The signs mean that only cars can park between midnight and 9 am. Apparently to prevent overnight camping and early morning surfers from parking and disturbing the residents.

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

It's definitely just no overnight parking.

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
720 reviews
8. Re: Parking -Esplanade Road

Sorry to disagree Lily, but Harrison77 (Post 6) is right according to the driver of a council van who I asked today while in the nearby Pentire car park. She told me that cars can park there day and night without restriction providing they are parked within the marked parking areas. The sign means no vans/campervans or commercial vehicles are allowed to park between midnight and 9 a.m. - only cars. Although it bans any commercial vehicles from parking between midnight and 0900, the purpose is to prevent people sleeping in campervans or other vans overnight. (She did concede that it could be made clearer!)

Reply to: Parking -Esplanade Road
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newquay
Recent Conversations