We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

Yuba City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

Will be making Chester our last stop and flying out of Manchester Airport. Wondering what is the best method of going to Manchester Airport from Chester City center.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,344 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

What time is your flight and when?

How many of you are there?

You can get a train from Chester to Manchester Airport. Check train times and fares here:

www.nationalrail.co.uk

If train times don't suit then you could get a taxi.

Edited: 22 January 2016, 19:20
Yuba City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

Thank you!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,344 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

I should add that if the train times aren't suitable, for example if you have an early morning flight, then I'd recommend Omega Transfers.

http://omegatransfers.com/

You're looking at paying about £50 for a car. There are other local private hire/transfer companies in Chester, but I'm not a resident of the city and have no info on them.

From what I can see on National Rail it will cost £22.50 each by train. This will require you to change trains and will take a lot longer than by taxi, so if you have luggage and want to avoid transferring trains that could possibly be delayed (or cancelled) then I would go with Omega. ;-)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

You haven't given us your flight departure time from Manchester airport. And I'm unsure whether "Chester our last stop" means just a daytime visit there or means your last overnight accommodation there.

However, as Chester is reasonably close to Manchester airport and assuming you've got a morning or even lunchtime departure from Manchester, I would stay the final night in accommodation at the airport.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

Hi

In terms of rail, there aren't many direct services. You can get a train from Chester to Manchester Piccadilly or Crewe and change there for Manchester Airport. It takes about 90 minutes, but the trains are more frequent. National Rail Journey Planner will help. I have to say, this is the way I would be inclined to do it. …nationalrail.co.uk/service/…search

In terms of taxis, Kingkabs will give you a good deal if you pre-book on 01244 343434. We use them and they are very good.

Hope that helps

Dave

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

Incredibly there is no direct public transport, either train or bus, from Manchester Airport westwards to Warrington, Chester and points in between - a terrible planning gaffe when you consider that there are direct trains from the airport to so many places around the country.

If there are two of you it is just as cheap, and much quicker and more convenient , to pre book a taxi. £45 should get you a door to door service taking, normally, less than 45 minutes.

Unless you have a very early flight there is no point in getting an airport hotel the night before.

7. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 January 2016, 16:24
8. Re: Best way to get from Chester to Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations