We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to park?

Shrewsbury, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to park?

Hi, my daughter is graduating in Chester so we will need parking near the Cathedral. We are all going for a meal after at The Church. A member of our party can walk, but not for miles. Is there a carpark that would be suitable for both venues, that doesn't cost a fortune AND we can stay for approx. 8 hours? Any help appreciated.

England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to park?

One potential site would be the Race Course, flat fee I think, £4. Driver could drop off passengers and then proceed to park car, bit of an incline up from racecourse, save everybody's legs (except driver). Sure other suggestions will appear. Walking distance between the cathedral and The Church is easily manageable.

Edited: 03 November 2015, 10:54
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to park?

What time is the graduation ceremony? The market car park is very close to the cathedral and if you arrive after 11 am is it will coast only £:4. 60 for as long as you want as it is free after 3 pm anyway. It would cost less than £6 until 11 PM even if you arrive before 11 am

The racecourse is the wrong side of town for the cathedral so is probably not a good option

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to park?

Ps after your meal at the Church cut through the street beside the restaurant for a short cut back to the car oark

Edited: 03 November 2015, 13:51
England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to park?

Town is very, very busy on graduation days, parking as close to the cathedral as suggested is a good idea, but would be very popular and could prove to be a bit of pot luck, (unless you really know the one way system and lay out of the city centre). The walk from the race course is 5/10 minutes tops. Not sure of the "short cut" from The Church...I must have missed that one.

Edited: 03 November 2015, 21:04
cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to park?

Slightly closer to the town centre (than the racecourse) is The Linenhall car park - less than a 5-minute walk to the cathedral, straight up Princess Street. I think they charge £5 for a whole day.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to park?

Can I hi jack this thread

I need parking for 2 days

Staying at the Coach House sat /sun

Many thanks

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to park?

The Market car park is just a stones throw away from The Coach House but I don't know if they allow overnight parking there. It may be worth contacting The Coach House to see what they suggest.

I'm pretty sure overnight parking is possible at the Pepper Street multi-story car park (access in the Grosvenor Shopping Centre, a few minutes walk from Coach House)

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to park?

Many thanks

England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to park?

stuart, will you need your car over the 2 days ? Town is not over friendly to 24 hr parking, but the rail station offers it, it's a bit of a walk to the Coach House, but if you don't need it during your stay it's a manageable option. Have you contacted the Coach House to ask whether they have any dedicated spaces ?

10. Re: Best place to park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations