We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester airport to Chester

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Manchester airport to Chester

Have been looking around the internet for ways to travel from Manchester airport to Chester.

There are 3 of us travelling together (2 adults and a teenager). What is the best way for us to get there?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

Get the train from the airport to Manchester Piccadilly you can then get a train to Chester from there it will cost about £15-£20 each return

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

It might be cheaper to pre order a cab. Unfortunately there is no direct bus or train between the two.

Google "airport transfers Chester" for several firms to choose from.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

For the train - If you take a look at Manchester airport website you can search for suitable train times/cost. manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/…train

Take the coach which could be cheaper than the train - nationalexpress.com/coach/airport/index.aspx…

20airport&utm_campaign=Airport%20Generic%20-Top%20Performing

Or hire a car at Man airport.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
4. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

Hi,

You haven't told us when you are coming, or the age of the teenager, but I have looked at National Express coaches for this week and assumed the teenager to be an adult.

There are 4 coaches a day, which involves no changes, to Chester from the airport. They leave the airport at 1005hrs, 1520hrs, 1935hrs (calling at Warrington en route) and 2100hrs ( calling at Liverpool en route), the fare for three adults is quoted at £22.00.

I doubt if there would be a lot of difference between the rail fare and the fare for a pre booked private hire cab.

Good luck!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
200 reviews
5. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

There is a train route Manchester Airport-Crewe-Chester which is more direct. Check www.thetrainline.co.uk and see if times suit.

Chester
Level Contributor
203 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

Hi

City Cars (Chester) Ltd

141 Brook St, Chester

CH1 3DU

T 01244 325325

They take you to Liverpool/Manchester airport for around £30 might be worth a try.

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

Thank you for your answers, I'll look into the suggestions that you have given me.

We are arriving at Manchester airport at 11:30 and the teenager in question is 14 years old.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
200 reviews
8. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

There are railcards for discounted rail journeys if you plan to use the trains, see nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/railcards-dis… Adult fares start at age 15.

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

Thank you so much for the information on the railcards. It will definately save me some money. I didn't know you could buy railcards coming from another country, I always thought they were only for residents of UK. We will be travelling quite a bit with trains so it is good savings there.

The trip details are getting finished as we speak. We will be travelling with the train from manchester airport to chester - via crewe. :-)

Thanks for all your help, it has been very much appreciated.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
200 reviews
10. Re: Manchester airport to Chester

That's what we are here for! If you have any questions about Chester, fire away! Have a good trip.

Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations