We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

preston
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

Hellooooooo my fellow party people!!

me and a friend are coming to chester but need some advise as to where to go for the night life!!

We like the normal bars/clusb but need to no wheres good........... and exactly where 2 go!!

were stopping in a b and b on "city road" how far are the bars and that from here!!

Also where is the "shops" at!!!

any help would be appriciated

Thanks xx

1. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 August 2011, 10:26
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20,322 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

There's several real ale pubs that I could recommend but I don't think that's what you are after!

Wetherspoons on Foregate Street is next to a Revolution bar if that's what you're after. There's also plenty of shops on Foregate and its surrounding streets.

preston
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

Mrs puddle........ lol confused!!!

Matt- yes that sounds more like r type, heard there are lot of real ale pubs but are wanting more bars and that!! Is foregate like the main area then!!?

Thanks x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20,322 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

Foregate St, Eastgate St and Northgate St are good places to check out where there's lots of bars and pubs. The city centre is small and compact so you won't get lost and can fall out of one bar and straight into another.

City Rd - where your B&B is - is about a 5 minute walk from the centre. There's a pub at the end of City Rd opposite the railway station called the Town Crier. It's a massive pub on the corner with a big beer garden and it's always lively in there. And at the other end of City Rd on the left as you walk into the city centre is a pub called the Chester Hangman which you might want to check out.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
200 reviews
5. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

If you head towards the centre of the City from City Road, once you have negotiated the roundabout at the end (there is a pub/winebar, can't remember what it is called - black and white place), you will come to Foregate Street and Revolution is not far along there. Carry on along Foregate Street and you will see Weatherspoons, actually it has changed its name I think... there is a left turn St Johns Street where Weatherspoons have The Manor House, there is Cruise Nightclub, and the Marlborough Arms which can be lively and very late...

Carrying on Foregate Street under the Eastgaye Clock the street becomes Eastgate Street, the centre of the City. Straight on at 'The Cross' and you go down Watergate Street, Viva Havana, Watergates and BarLounge at the end, also the Amber Lounge on the Row level on the right hand side. Quite a few.

Turn left at 'the Cross' and you are in Bridge Street, Slug and Lettuce, carry on over at the traffic lights and The Brewery Tap, real ales etc, is further down on the right. You won't go thirsty in Chester!

Suggest you aim to end up in St Johns Street as things go on later there.

Have fun!

preston
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

thank you to you both!!! I'll be printing this is and getting my bearings before we go off out!!!

Thanks again i VERY much appricate it :)

chester here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20,322 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

I think the "black and white place" PennyW is referring to at the end of City Road is the Chester Hangman that I mentioned in my other post.

The Marlborough Arms that PennyW mentioned is also a great pub on St Johns Street. In fact I was there on Saturday and I was at the Bear & Billet on Lower Bridge Street, and the Pied Bull on Northgate Street. All cracking pubs and I was only there in the afternoon (mini Chester pub crawl trip from Liverpool!!!) so they must be good in the evening. ;)

8. Re: need advise on a good nite out!!!......... where 2 go!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations