We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Chester Station to Town Centre, High Street?

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
88 reviews
Bus from Chester Station to Town Centre, High Street?

Going by train to Chester Station, staying at Hallmark Hotel Queen.

Want to go by bus into High Street, town centre. I know its only 10 in walk but unfortunately have a 'bad back" so want to reduce walking as much as possible.

We also want to go the pub on the riverside so i guess i will have to walk down the steep slope!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

May have to just take a taxi. thanks...

4 replies to this topic
north west, england
Level Contributor
188 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Chester Station to Town Centre, High Street?

For the high street/shopping your best bet would probably be to catch the circular rail link right outside the train station and opposite your hotel. It drops you at Foregate street near Boots. Alternatively you could catch one of the buses going to North Wales (I think the 1) at the stop to the side of your hotel on city road (and alongside the Town Crier pub). This goes via the Bars roundabout and park and you could get off at Pepper Street for the bars and restaurants and shops in that part of town or for walking down to the river OR continue passed the Crown court and get off before you cross the river (by the old police HQ and now Miller and Carter restaurant - if you know that). From here you could walk along the river. It is still a bit of a walk to the river restaurants but avoids most of the steep hills going up/down to the river).

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Chester Station to Town Centre, High Street?

By the pub on the riverside do you mean The Boathouse? If so the easiest way would be to get the No 1 to Wrexham, get off in Vicar Lane at St John’s Church then go down past St John’s ruins to the Groves

Edited: 03 April 2018, 16:03
Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Chester Station to Town Centre, High Street?

Thank you

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Bus from Chester Station to Town Centre, High Street?

Would you not hire a mobility scooter for your weekends away?

Reply to: Bus from Chester Station to Town Centre, High Street?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations