We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special afternoon tea or somewhere where lambs can be fed

Liverpool
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
special afternoon tea or somewhere where lambs can be fed

Help

My mum is 94 soon and has always wanted to feed a lamb.Everyone farm I have approached has said no so now I am looking into a special afternoon tea .If anyone can help with either it would be much appreciated.

Either could be wirral/cheshire/lancashire or north wales

Essex
Level Contributor
27,645 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: special afternoon tea or somewhere where lambs can be fed

Perhaps you could consider 'googling' for Farm Parks near Liverpool though, I found a few doing this and even a City Farm. It is always worth asking them, I'm sure they'd be glad to help you fulfil your Mothers ambition if you explain it all, and maybe let them have a 'press release' too???

The problem with this year is that the UK is suffering with Schmallenberg virus that is causing lamb death. I suspect that even the 'farm parks' that usually let kids feed the lambs, will want to keep people away, for fear of spreading this very nasty disease - it is largely spread by insect vectors, but who knows?

defra.gov.uk/animal-diseases/…

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: special afternoon tea or somewhere where lambs can be fed

^^ Valid point regarding the virus. I suspect any establishment that may have been able to provide this facility is pretty much off limits now

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: special afternoon tea or somewhere where lambs can be fed

I've no idea if these would let your mum feed lambs but it might be worth a phone call. They're in Burscough

www.windmillanimalfarm.co.uk

4. Re: special afternoon tea or somewhere where lambs can be fed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 12:15