We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted to Cambridge

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stansted to Cambridge

Can someone tell me how to get from Stansted to Cambridge and back by public transport?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stansted to Cambridge

Depends on the time of day. But there are coaches and trains, both pretty easy.

Coaches go from the bus station at the airport and take about 50 minutes, but obviously that's dependent on traffic. Late at night they can take less time than that as well. www.nationalexpress.com for prices and times.

There's a train station at the airport too, you go all the way downstairs to get to it. I think they're hourly at most times during the day (at least the direct trains are), and they take just over half an hour. Times and prices at www.nationalrail.co.uk.

By the way, although the train is quicker, whether it's better for you or not depends on where in Cambridge you have to be. The bus station in Cambridge is right in the centre of town, whereas the train station is a good 20 minute - half hour walk (or a quick bus journey). It also really depends on the time of day - the traffic can be pretty ugly on the route into Cambridge that the coach takes (through Trumpington), especially in the morning rush hour.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stansted to Cambridge

Thanks vicki2005. We would be arriving on a Saturday afternoon and leaving on a Sunday afternoon or evening. We would be heading for a B&B somewhere round about Hills Road.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stansted to Cambridge

The train, then, I would say.

Saturday traffic coming into Cambridge won't be too pretty, and in any case, the train station is actually more convenient for Hills Rd.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stansted to Cambridge

Thanks again. Now I just have to hope that Easyjet will still be flying to Stansted in November!