We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places for young adults 20 years old

Sierra Madre...
1 post
1 review
Best places for young adults 20 years old

I’m taking my 20 year old son to the UK. Want to know the best places to stay and fun thing to do with him

5 replies to this topic
Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,757 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Best places for young adults 20 years old

Thats too far reaching a question without knowing your/his likes and dislikes.

Do buy a guide book and have a look through and come back and ask about certain areas.

London is a place maybe to start but we need to know your budget how much time you have for your trip and so on!!

You could visit a dozen times and still not see everything

Edited: 22 July 2018, 12:17
Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Best places for young adults 20 years old

What sort of places and things does he like? Hiking? Mountains? Nature?. Camping? Coastline? Big cities with night in life? Art galleries? Theme parks? Archaeology? Rock music? Will you hire a car? How long will you have? What parts of the UK have you considered.. Etc...

Edited: 22 July 2018, 12:21
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,443 posts
217 reviews
3. Re: Best places for young adults 20 years old

Have you narrowed it down to England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales? Or have you the time to visit all four?

Cities or coast? Countryside or mountains?

What sort of things do you/he enjoy?

What time of year do you plan to visit?

Will you rely on public transport or are you hiring a car?

Has he said what he’d like to do and see? Have you both looked at guide books or researched online? What have you shortlisted already?

Tell us more please otherwise we may waste time suggesting things which don't match your interests or timeframe.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
16,346 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Best places for young adults 20 years old

I suggest you ask him where he wants to go and what he wants to see, he ought to have more idea than us as to what he likes.

england
Level Contributor
6,724 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: Best places for young adults 20 years old

How old are you - I ask because most 20 year olds here dont do fun things with parents.

However - if you are young enough to do theme parks we have several that some young people, not all, like e.g Thorpe Park. You could do boat rips on the Thames https://www.thamesribexperience.com/ You could drive fancy cars. Or, as lots of young people these days seem to be into cooking you could go for things things a sushi making experience or chocolate workshop.

Musicals can be fun - London theatre is very good but look for an air-conditioned one.

Reply to: Best places for young adults 20 years old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted