We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

Going to Mont Tremblant for a wedding Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be flying into Ottawa and getting a ride there, but I don't have one back to Ottawa that Sunday. Any ideas on transportation that don't involve renting a car for the whole weekend? I've searched buses, tours, and ride shares and only found one 5.5 hour bus so far.

Any help would be awesome!

7 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,309 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

Same question here: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g182183…

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

Thank you!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,971 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

Yeah, not any easy journey at all. Montreal is way easier.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

Keep it simple and do rent a car. Cheapest would be to rent it from Ottawa and return it to Ottawa.

If you travel to Montreal to get back to Ottawa you will be travelling all day.

Or as an option fly into Ottawa and fly out of Montreal.

You did not say when you are going. If it's during winter then check out Porter airlines and Air Canada as they now fly several days of the week from Toronto direct to Mont Tremblant

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

Thanks, all. Looks like renting a car would be the best option, as I've already booked my flight. Appreciate the help!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
330 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

We visit Tremblant one of our favourite places, once or twice a year passing through Ottawa as we have family there. With all the traffic that originates or passes through Ottawa heading to Tremblant you would think there would be a bus option. But I guess not. We drive and usually have a lot of gear with us...bikes or skiis and snowshoes when in season. A few years ago when my son was still at university in Ottawa and withouta car, I remember driving the two hours down and back to get him to join us for a day or two. Of course in winter there are day trip ski buses that run from Ottawa but that doesn't help someone just trying to get there or get home from there.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa

"You did not say when you are going. If it's during winter then check out Porter airlines and Air Canada as they now fly several days of the week from Toronto direct to Mont Tremblant"

In the first line of the original post

"Going to Mont Tremblant for a wedding Thanksgiving weekend."

The date would then be Sunday October 8 so not winter Bonjours.

Reply to: Transportation from Mont Tremblant to Ottawa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted