We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Tremblant

Toronto
Level Contributor
752 posts
2 reviews
Activities in Tremblant

I'm going to apologize in advance as i'm sure this seems silly

But we are going to be in Tremblant end of August.

I notice there's a ton of activities and many come at a cost, which I am expecting.

Is there anything I need to know about where to purchase activities?

I've seen people say hotels offer activities. If not from hotels, then I assumed it was just an independent company in the area offering different things?

I also noticed some activity cards on tremblant.ca

Should I be pre purchasing on the site or just figure out when i'm there?

My kids are 7 and 10. A lot of the activities on tremblant.ca they'd be interested in . Whether rock climing, zip lining,

Jut want to know where and when are the best place to purchase and whether reservations for any are needed

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Activities in Tremblant

Well the Activity Center right on the upper plaza of the resort village sells all kind of activities for all kind of tastes and budget although on the latter Mont-Tremblant is not a cheap place.

That being said I noticed lately that some of the most popular activities, like the gondola to go on top of the mountain are not listed anymore on the Activity Center website. It might be because the owner of the resort figured that they could make more money for these attractions without an intermediary, who knows?

But just getting to that plaza will give you access to the Activity Center but also the base of the gondola, etc. Personally I would then take some note and access the websites of these organisations to see pricing, different expériences, etc.

For example one of my favorite activity is to canoe on the Rouge River downstream (the water is very calm) and then have a pick up at the end (either La Conception or Bréboeuf). Bring a picnic since there are many beaches and sandbars and you will spend a nice lazy day at better prices than by the Activity Center, through the kayak company http://kayak-cafe.com/en/index.phpby .

The SEPAQ http://www.sepaq.com/pq/mot/index.dot, manage everything into the National / Provincial park and you can make reservations on the website. Note that some of the park attractions, like Via Ferrata can also be bought through the Activity Center, but, in fact ,the only thing for which I recommend the Activity Center instead of being on your own is for river rafting, it is quite far from the resort and after a day you don't really want to drive back with cramps everywhere.

I don't think that they offer the Parc Omega but look on line, you might even get some coupons and bring carrots from the supermarket if you want to give a lot to the very hungry wapitis and deers, real animal hustlers in fact.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
2. Re: Activities in Tremblant

Hi

Looking at doing VIator day trip to Tremblant , I see some reviews say many shops and restaurants are closed when its not the ski season

does anybody know how much is open early October and if the chairlifts are running then and the gondola

Thanks

Geri

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,036 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Activities in Tremblant

Early October is usually very busy with the fall colours. Everything will be open. After the 12th things calm down and some places will close, but certainly not everything.

Also Viator is a reseller of tours, they do not conduct them. SO you might check who is actually running the tour and see if they sell is more cheaply.

4. Re: Activities in Tremblant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2018, 07:19