We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Logas

Kimberly, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
112 posts
Los Logas
Save

Opinions on Los Logas Resort. Looks Beautiful with plenty of walking around and hot springs. May be a good place to kick back and relax at the end of my stay in La Fortuna?

6 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
12,729 posts
21 reviews
46 helpful votes
1. Re: Los Logas
Save

Los Lagos has extensive grounds and is conveniently located for activities in the area. They also have hot springs onsite. The one thing I would alert you to is that it is very attractive to families with small children so might not be as serene and quiet as some other properties. You might want to check through previous reviews at https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309226-d300231-Reviews-Los_Lagos_Hotel_Spa_Resort-La_Fortuna_de_San_Carlos_Arenal_Volcano_National_Park_Provin.html

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Los Logas
Save

We go there and really love it. It is great for kids and extremely affordable. It is not as fancy as some of the hot springs resorts in La Fortuna but it's not as expensive either. The rooms are nice and clean, the grounds are beautiful and the food in the restaurant is pretty tasty.

They have a swim up bar inside a hot spring pool which is pretty awesome. My daughter talks about going back all the time. She just loved the slides and all the animals. There is a little nature path through the jungle where they have turtles, an alligator and butterfly pavilion. They also have a pond stocked with koi and there was a tree near the pool which usually had 5-10 toucan just hanging out.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
18,084 posts
70 reviews
180 helpful votes
3. Re: Los Logas
Save

Hi Sandy,

Are you traveling with (young) children? If you are, I would follow the previous Posts 1-2 , as this hotel is popular with families. You might also want to check out the review https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g309226-d2452380-r683456905-Los_Lagos_Hot_Springs-La_Fortuna_de_San_Carlos_Arenal_Volcano_National_Park_Prov.html from the traveler who had spent quite some time on this forum, planning the itinerary for his family before their stay there.

Either way, make sure you r OK with their booking/cancellations policies (most are displayed only in Spanish at https://www.hotelloslagos.com/index.php/es/reserve/stepOne , so this is their Google translation- "Food, drinks or pets are not allowed (keep in mind that there are guard dogs in the hotel).

Cancellations:

NOT showing up, means a fine for 100% of your reservation.

Early departures and late arrivals will not receive a refund for the unused portion of the reservation.

Any cancellation made 14 days before the day of arrival at the hotel, will have a charge of 100% of the deposit of the first night.

Any cancellation made 30 to 15 days before arrival at the hotel, will incur a 50% charge of the deposit of the first night."

I have not seen any Covid-19 safety of operations procedures outlined on their site, which is a common feature these days on any other CR accommodations ' home Page, clearly visible, which normally lets the future guests read about the hotel's adjustments dye to the pandemic in terms of their restaurants capacity, hot springs, etc operations, regulations for their staff accessing the rooms, the ways the staff can help with the luggage, etc, etc. , how many ppl can be at the reception/front desk at the same time, etc. If those policies are there and you have been able to locate the Covid section on their site, it is great, I must have missed it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,222 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Los Logas
Save

One of the most popualr hotesl / resort in Arenal Volcano area,,,the place is incredible...

The rooms are huge, great AC, nice on site FREE hot Springs, nice trails to hike

Even that many people do not care for TV at each room they have great TV sets at each room...not like some place around that offer ONE TV for the whole community , that may sound funny but is true !!

Of course they are following all of the CO 19 protocols...maybe some people that may be confuse about the protocols...can show all of us about some people staying there recently if they have any complaints

Alos in Costa Rica even small places are following the protocols...I do not see how they will try no to do so...

In Costa Rica any hotels , etc not following protocols can be close for good !!

Not posting the protocols is not mandatory...is mandatory to follow them !!

I know the owners for many years...I do not see them not following protocols...if you like just send them a mail and ask them to answer any question about...incredible how some people like to confuse others...nice if that people can show any compliments abou it

To me sounds like somebody is against Los Lagos for some reason...well at least they do not have any ridicolous 11 PM curfweand the food there is great!!

roadadvisor

Edited: 22 January 2021, 20:04
Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
31 reviews
51 helpful votes
5. Re: Los Logas
Save

Like other posters, this would be my first choice for a family stay but if I was alone or with a partner, there are better options. My kids love it and the grounds are a lot of fun as well as the pools and springs.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
23 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Los Logas
Save

Sandy,

It has been a few years since we last visited, however, we stayed at Tree Houses Hotel and did a day trip to Los Lagos to enjoy the hot springs, zipline for me and slides for the kids.

There was so much wildlife for the kids to see at the Tree Houses Hotel, the rooms are just fantastic and Proyecto Asis is just down the road. That is a must see place for both kids and adults.

Your budget may be better than ours, put paying for food for four at Los Lagos would have made us broke.

Cheers!

Reply to: Los Logas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.