We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Kaiteriteri

Long Branch, New...
1 post
1 review
2 nights in Kaiteriteri

We will be arriving to Nelson after a week on the north island via flight (lands at 10am). Our plan is to pick up a car at the airport and drive to our two nights at the Torlesse Motel. I’ve been reading the message boards and the Abel Tasman website and having time figuring out the best way to see some of the park and how to prioritize our time. There is so much to do! We’ll also have a bit of time between Nelson and our accommodations as we cannot check into the room until mid afternoon, so things to do in nelson and on the way to the motel are options too. What would be the most efficient and enjoyable “must see” itinerary stops in this corner of the world for two days? Thanks in advance!

1 reply
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
9,331 posts
474 reviews
1. Re: 2 nights in Kaiteriteri

What time of the year are you visiting?

I suggest a full day trip on the abel tasman. boat from kaiteriteri and walk a section then boat back. Seeing the park from the water and land is the very best option https://www.abeltasmanseashuttles.co.nz

The centre of nz walk in nelson is recommended. Visit mapua for lunch, and some great wineries between nelson and kaiteriteri.

In kaiteriteri they have a fantastic mountainbike park. the walk from torlesse motels in little kaiteriteri along the beach and over the point has a greag lookout (walks in both directions i.e. to kaiteriteri and to stephens bay).

Reply to: 2 nights in Kaiteriteri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nelson-Tasman Region