We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel/location is better?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
which hotel/location is better?

I'm driving from Toronto to Montreal on 8/21 in the early morning. I'm planning to visit the old port area and Saint Joseph's Oratory. The next afternoon I'll drive to Quebec City.

I booked two hotels for the one night: one in Boulevard Taschereau, Brossard, 15km away from Notre-Dame Basilica; the other in Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, 2.2km away from Notre-Dame Basilica.

Both provide free parking and free breakfast, and the first one is $44 cheaper. Which hotel/location is better? Can I find a parking spot near Notre-Dame Basilica? Which should I visit first, the old Port or Saint Joseph's Oratory?

25 replies to this topic
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
21. Re: which hotel/location is better?

Yes, that is my plan: visit the Oratory first, and then check in and go to Notre-Dame. Thank you for all your suggestions. I'll certainly put Queen Mary of the World Cathedral in my schedule.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,859 posts
15 reviews
22. Re: which hotel/location is better?

Why even bother driving. Just take the train. Or stop getting fussed about how long it might take to walk or drive someplace. Park it and take transit ... it's very very simple.

Edited: 21 July 2018, 13:08
Montreal
Level Contributor
754 posts
72 reviews
23. Re: which hotel/location is better?

You could also stay on Taschereau in Brossard and use public transit. For example, the Quality Inn is right next to the Panama terminus which offers express bus service to downtown Mtl. Cash fares are 3.25 each way, and departures are every 10 minutes.

http://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
24. Re: which hotel/location is better?

Again, unless you have family in Brossard. Forget about it.

Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
25. Re: which hotel/location is better?

My suggestion to you would be drive to Cornwall, hop on the via train right into downtown. There is ample parking at via station and you can walk any where from the train station. If needed cabs are plentiful and relatively inexpensive. I've done this twice and it's great. Cars are a nuisance and Montreal is so walkable!

Reply to: which hotel/location is better?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted