We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reubens deli and steakhouse

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Reubens deli and steakhouse

Hi my family and I are travelling from Perth Australia to Canada and USA in December and January. Staying in Montreal for 4 nights we have seen this restaurant pop up a fair bit it looks amazing! Can anyone share experiences here as we are keen to try it👍

7 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,393 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Reubens deli and steakhouse

It's been there forever... It would not be my choice for a steak... but for a casual smoked meat lunch, it's ok.

You have a lot of experiences shared here: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Reubens deli and steakhouse

For smoked meat most people would tell you to go to Schwartz or The Main across the street.

For steak I would suggest Vieux Port Steakhouse, or Moishes or Joe Beef.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
3. Re: Reubens deli and steakhouse

That’s great thankyou

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Reubens deli and steakhouse

I had lunch there yesterday, and a very late dinner there earlier this week. It's very good, though none of us had steaks. Portions are huge. My burger yesterday was great, though.

I heartily second Moishe's for steaks. Rather pricey, but excellent food and service. I've also had a superb hangar steak at Foxy in Little Burgundy, which has great food all round.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,694 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Reubens deli and steakhouse

I think it is mostly popping up because it is conveniently located for tourists. It's not bad to be honest, but locals kinda.... forget it's there. It's just been there forever.

For a steak, i second Moishe. Yes it's pricey, but all steakhouses are. The Keg is another good place to hit, it's a chain but a good one.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
6. Re: Reubens deli and steakhouse

Thanks for your help👍

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
7. Re: Reubens deli and steakhouse

Thankyou very much👍

Reply to: Reubens deli and steakhouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted