We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near airport

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay near airport

Hello,

My husband and I are spending three days in Montreal before traveling to QC for three days. We need to fly out on the 7th day. Rather than the long drive directly from QC back to YUL, we thought we'd drive back to be nearer the airport and spend the night before our flight. Can someone recommend some area closer to the airport that would be nice to explore, since we would have already done the city proper? It doesn't have to be right next to the airport, maybe within an hours drive.

Best Seller
Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day...
1,424 Reviews
from US$91.10*
Best Seller
Montreal City Guided Sightseeing Tour
1,148 Reviews
from US$44.30*
Best Seller
Montreal City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
620 Reviews
from US$43.60*
10 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near airport

Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue is a beautiful place to visit approximately 20 minutes away from the airport, the nearest hotel would be Courtyard by Marriott West Island / Baie-d'Urfé

The Airport itself has a lot of hotels next to it however there is not much to see in the area

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near airport

That sounds perfect, I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near airport

I thought the website for Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue would help: https:/…tourist-attractions

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,613 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near airport

There are many airport types of hotels around the airport and on Cote de Liesse where you could surrender your car the night before and take an airport shuttle. Just look at the Trip Advisor map on hotels

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near airport

Your best option is to stay at one of the hotels connected to the airport. Or one nearby that has a shuttle.

Why would you stay in Ste-Anne-de-bellevue? It's not like there's much to see. I don't get what benefits you get by staying there.

At that point stay Downtown Montreal. Know that there isn't much in terms of restaurants or anything else near the airport. Or in ste Anne for that matter.

An early morning drive from downtown is better than coming from Quebec City. And it's really not farther than coming from Ste-Anne-de-bellevue (not really a suburb but technically not part of the city of montreal) and not really close to the airport either. At least downtoen you have taxis and public transport.

I really don't get this suggestion.. Why? It's not even on the route to Quebec City?.. It's at the total opposite end of the island. It doesn't make sense. No.

And to add to all this. Downtown to airport in rush hour traffic is more or less against traffic. (You should still leave early). But Ste Anne to airport is with the flow of commuters. In traffic. And to top it off all the construction makes that highway jammed in the morning..

Edited: 18 July 2018, 16:33
Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay near airport

I think there are quite a number of nice neighbourhoods worth exploring that you might not have seen on your initial visit. For example, I really like the Beaubien/St-Denis area or Little Italy or even Parc-Ex/Little India. A little further west, the area around Snowden Metro or in the heart of Notre-Dame-de-Grace on Monkland Ave. You might not yet have even visited Mile-End or Outremont or maybe around Rue Masson. All of these areas are east of the airport though the first set has easier access to/from the highway (#40). (I'm suggesting these neighbourhoods but you'd have to research accommodation; they don't have many hotels). While it is true that Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue has a quaint shopping area it is quite a bit out of the way.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay near airport

You could drive along the Lakeshore and depending on what you want to do, explore the area around the Lachine Canal, if you head east of Dorval. Or you go west, you could stop by Pointe Claire Village or visit Sainte Anne de Bellevue, even further west, at the western tip of the Island of Montreal. The West Island is mostly residential but the areas I'm suggesting offer either beautiful vistas or some nice places to eat or shop or you can take in some history. Lachine has a museum …montreal.qc.ca/culture/en/lachine-museum, as does Dorval …dorval.qc.ca/en/facilities/page/dorval-muse… It really depends how much time you need to kill and what you like to do. I'm a huge fan of Pointe Claire Village and also Ste. Anne's. If you drive along Lakeshore Road you may just come across something you like. It's definitely a lovely time when the weather is nice.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay near airport

I agree with post 6. One of the veterans on these forums.

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay near airport

Thank you for all your suggestions. We decided to stay in L'Ile-Perrot in a cute lakeview cottage. It sounds charming, and we don't have to be to the airport until noon, so I think traffic won't be too bad.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay near airport

Happy to hear, enjoy !

Reply to: Where to stay near airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted