We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with two beds

Fresno, California
3 posts
Hotels with two beds

I will be traveling to Montreal and Quebec this summer for a 60th birthday celebration, two single (straight) females wishing to enjoy the sights of these two cities. In my search for hotels, I'm having a hard time finding affordable rooms with two beds (ideally queen size but double is fine). We would like to stay in the downtown area of Montreal, and preferably in the old part of Quebec city. In QC, especially, it is very hard to find separate beds. Suggestions, anyone?

Best Seller
Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day...
1,442 Reviews
from US$89.90*
Best Seller
Montreal City Guided Sightseeing Tour
1,162 Reviews
from US$43.80*
Best Seller
Montreal City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
636 Reviews
from US$43.00*
8 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,957 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Hotels with two beds

What is affordable? in $CAD

I do not have a hard time find a room with 2 queens but budget amount varies with seasons.

Edited: 01 June 2018, 22:45
Fresno, California
3 posts
2. Re: Hotels with two beds

Under $200 USD (school teacher salary ;)

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,957 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Hotels with two beds

hi

you can try using www.trivago.ca and use filters to see what you get for your dates then book with the hotel.

best to use $CAD in the search and then convert to US as the CAD is what you pay and CC converts to US when you get the bill which is usually the best rate you will get. so at about $240 CAD you should be in the budget.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,524 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Hotels with two beds

We live in CAD here, so $200 USD currently converts to about $260 CAD. For peak summer travel season that's a not bad budget, but could be tight in the Old City in Quebec. Most chain hotels have rooms with two beds. Start with those - there are a few just outside the walls in QC.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,047 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Hotels with two beds

Using search engines, put 3 adults in. That will always bring up beds with two beds.

But rooms with two beds are always at a premium.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,957 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Hotels with two beds

Best Western will have 2 queens beds as that is a standard layout - the premium is that you get breakfast for a second person included in the price.

you will need to plug in your dates to see the price - you can get a discount with AAA or AARP

https:/…propertyCode.67020.html

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
57 reviews
7. Re: Hotels with two beds

I've booked a two-queen-bedded room at Hotel Le Dauphin (Centre Ville) in Montréal this summer for a price within your budget. https:/…standard-2-lits-queen

Fresno, California
3 posts
8. Re: Hotels with two beds

Thank you to everyone who took the time to offer tips for me! Let me see what I find....I'm much more hopeful now!

Reply to: Hotels with two beds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted