We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street festival July 21st

Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Street festival July 21st

Hello!

We will be stopping for one night in Montreal either July 21st or 22nd. Coming from Ohio and stopping through Toronto and Montreal on the way to Maine!

I hear Montréal is the city of street festivals! I read yesterday about Tam tams and how they are every Sunday. This sounds pretty much perfect for a low key stop through after 2 long days of driving with my 6, almost 4, and almost 2 year olds. Should we definitely try for that Sunday day as a stop through, or are there other kid friendly festivals the day before, on July 21st? I tried looking the specific date up, but it yielded overwhelming results and I couldn’t quite figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Best Seller
Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day...
1,423 Reviews
from US$90.80*
Best Seller
Montreal City Guided Sightseeing Tour
1,147 Reviews
from US$44.20*
Best Seller
Montreal City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
618 Reviews
from US$43.40*
3 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Street festival July 21st

Tam tams? Never heard of it.

Do you mean the international fireworks cometition. I don't know the dates though, or remember which night it is..

edit:

Here is a bunch of festival's. Many are on when you are here. Double check the dates with official sites. Dates change sometimes year to year.

www.go-montreal.com/attraction_events_jul.htm

Edited: 06 March 2018, 01:04
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street festival July 21st

Thanks!

Here’s the info on tam tams!

https:/…tam-tams-montreal-4120931

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street festival July 21st

Tam tams its not a festival. It's a weekly gathering. I would NOT say it is child friendly. It's popular with young people, students, etc. Lots of drinking and drugs happening, though in a picnic-y and hippie, friendly type environment. It is in no way dangerous for children to be there, but it depends what you want to expose your children to. If I had kids I would take them, but if you're anti-drug you will not enjoy Tam tams (considering especially that this will be the first summer weed is legalized in Canada!).

I can't think of a street festival that happens at the end of July. But you can check out 'quartier des spectacles', there's often outdoor stuff going on there, and ste catherine street (which becomes a walking street for much of the summer). Kids also seem to love the gay village with it's pink suspended balls.

https://www.quartierdesspectacles.com/en/

Reply to: Street festival July 21st
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted