We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,633 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Typing this from the Sheraton in Toronto while waiting for a bus to take us to the Royal Ontario Museum.

Despite the heat wave, we had a wonderful time at Niagara on the Lake and the falls. Now here in Toronot where it went from oppressive to rainy. It's o.k., not slowing us down at all. Red Sox Blue Jays tonight in domed stadium. Looking forward to it.

Beer Bistro was great!!!

This must be said - The Canadians we've met are wonderful. Very friendly, helpful, turning a good trip into a great experience!

Full report, photos when we get back!

Thanks for all your help, we are making good use of it!

Voy

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

If you are staying the weekend (today through Sunday), there is a fabulous arts festival in Nathan Philips Square. Lots of unique, one of a kind items by Canadian artists.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Glad to hear it's going well! If we remember correctly you will be here through the weekend- it sounds like the weather will be improved tomorrow & Sunday.

If you're into soccer & your time permits, you may want to consider catching the world cup final on Sunday afternoon in one of the many bars on College Street. Plaza Flamingo seems to be HQ for the Spanish fans. It could be a blast being there whether they win or lose.

http://plazaflamingo.com/modules/AMS/

College Street tends to erupt into spontaneous partying after the big wins & it is truly a Toronto experience to take advantage of while you're here.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Plaza Flamingo if you want to be surrounded with Spain supporters. School Bakery and Cafe (70 Fraser in Liberty Village) if you want to watch amidst a sea of Orange.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Hi Voy;

It's nice to hear you're having a good time ! We always here for you if you have any new questions !!

Best Regards

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,633 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Hi all,

I've got another few free minutes of computer access here at the Sheraton. Had a great time at the ball game last night. The weather was perfect, not oppressively hot.

Going to another game this afternoon, but before that we are planning on walking through the art exhibit next door at city hall plaza. From our room we could watch them setting up and it looks like something fun to do. Maybe I will run into some of you there?

The one other piece of advice I could use - We could not get to Marynissen winery ( we were too early) and I want to buy some of that vineyard's red. I was thinking we could buy it Monday at some liquor store on our way out of Stratford as we head towards the Queenston Bridge. Are there any good wine stores en route that you recommend ?

Thanks again for your help!

Voy

P.S. The risotto served with the summerlicious lunch steak dish at Pangaea was especially memorable.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Hi,

To the best of our knowledge Marynissen is only available for sale at the winery. This definitely used to be the case, and we just tried searching the LCBO website product listings without success, so it seems to still be the case.

Since you're headed for the Queenston bridge why not just pop by the winery? Their shop opens at 10:00AM.

http://www.marynissen.com/findus.php

There's also a phone number on the link so you could call to double check if they're in any local liquor store outlets.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,633 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Ahh...thanks for the advice. I'll give the winery a call, and see if I can convince hubby to make a quick stop there!

The $25 summerlicious dinner at Biff's Bistro was excellent! The gazpacho was so good, cool and quenching. I tried to wrangle the recipe out of our server but all he would give me were a few tips... chipotles, bread, cucumbers...

Everyone here (except us) seems obssesed with soccer.

Off to Stratford in the morning. Will mis Toronto.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

Marynissen makes a kick-a Cabernet Franc; they've got some of their 2007 listed, would be worth it. LCBO is the main supplier of wines here; there are some wine stores but they are usually specific to one brand (i.e. Hillebrand), as opposed to where most people go for their wine.

When you're in Stratford, if you need a nice dinner, consider The Old Prune or Keystone Alley. The Belfry at the Church Restaurant is lovely, too.

9. Re: Juat a quick update, loving our trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 06:16