The following are my notes ... taken from TripAdvisor posts .. of interest to me.
Stratford and the Shaw festivals in the summer
- A walk along the Avon river is nice, there are lots of swans and ducks
- Slow Food Sundays - Outdoor Market - Every Sunday - Market Place Drive, Stratford, Ontario N5A 6W1, Canada - Open every Sunday, 10 - 2.
- Shakespearean Gardens #3 of 33 things to do in Stratford Gardens, Nature & Parks 5 Huron St, Stratford, ON, Stratford, Ontario, Canada+1 519-271-5140 Walking along the Avon River in Stratford ON takes you through the Shakespeare Gardens.
- Pazzo Taverna and Pizzeria 70 Ontario St - Best Pizza in town
- craft breweries, the Black Swan and the Stratford.
Black Swan 144 Downie St, Stratford, Ontario N5A 1X1, Canada +1 519-814-7926
very small, there's only about 4 tables,
- Revel Caffe, 50 Wellington St "Just awesome "
- Foster's Inn Restaurant, 111 Downie St, better than average
- Junction 56 Distillery 45 Cambria St, Stratford, Ontario N5A 1G8, Canada +1 519-305-5535
- Elora Gorge Conservation Area - 7400 Wellington County Rd 21, Elora, ON N0B 1S0, Canada
1) $6.50 pp to visit gorge OR "We then drove to the downtown area and had a great viewing of the gorge for free. There is a walking trail down to the water- a long walk but worth it."
2) There is tubing and zip lining or quiet shops and cute cafes (don't miss the Desert Rose) around the town. You can stay up or walk down to the water
3) tubing at Elora conservation are. 1)Yes, there were two transactions, one for rental and one for deposit but not a big deal. 2) Yes there is an entrance fee, but we used the quarry earlier in the day and kept our receipt which got us in to the conservation area as well.
4) it's about a 15 minute walk to the tube launch. It was suggested by Elora Rapids staff that we skip the first section of rapids (as that's where you are most likely to flip) and get in about 10m down river. The journey took about and hour and then it was about a 15 min walk back to the parking lot.
5) We were given no prior direction and not told how merciless the water would be and how many rocks there would be.
6) Just outside the city of Elora is a quarry. A former limestone quarry, the Elora Quarry is better known as the "old swimming hole." It was a popular swimming spot long before it became a 79 acre day-use conservation area in 1976. Elora Quarry offers a large beach area, unregulated swimming, tree covered picnic space and a 42km hiking trail. The 10 m high cliffs around the quarry are stunning.
- Millbank not far from Stratford has a large Mennonite community, Mennonite restaurant there Anna Mae's
- The Bruce Hotel, 89 Parkview Dr, Stratford, Ontario N5A 4R5, Canada, five star restaurant, $229 a night
- Mercer hotel - $138 per night, downtown older
- Best Western Plus - Arden Park Hotel $135 per night, #6 of 18 Hotels in Stratford 522 Ontario Street | P.O.Box #1040, Stratford, Ontario N5A 3J3, Canada
+1 844-203-2791 ... newer large buildingEdited: 27 April 2018, 17:44