We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moffat Inn

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Moffat Inn

Hi, I'll be in NOTL for one night in July.. I booked the Moffat Inn, but none of the reviews are recent... Anyone with any first hand knowledge of the place. Also, any suggestions for a nice dinner, Husband eats fish, meat, etc, I'm a pain in the neck vegetarian... Thanks again.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moffat Inn

Hi Mittmott,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM

I took a look at the Moffat Inn’s listing here on TA… lol, October 2011 is hardly what I’d call “old news”… (infact there are 17 Reviews from the Summer of 2011)

You have to remember that with well over 100 B&Bs in town, and so many “seasonal” attractions in NOTL and the Niagara Region (Shaw Festival – War of 1812 Sites – Niagara Falls BIG Water Attractions etc) … that many Innkeepers are retirees who actually pack-it-in for the Winter Months when things are MUCH less busy and head to warmer climes !!

And by looking back thru the past years, it does look like there is a pattern, of REVIEWS Spring thru Fall… and nothing in the Winter… so it is possible that they are closed in the Winter Months.

Overall, the Moffat Inn is well ranked here in TA with 4 HOOTS for TA Member Satisfaction for those who have taken the time to write Reviews…

I suggest you just read thru the past REVIEWS and get an idea from there if it suits your needs…

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... As to Restaurant Recommendations, a Dollar Amount here would be helpful... remembering that here in Ontario, you'll be facing higher prices per person, as well as 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) and an expected 15% to 20% Tip (that you'll be leaving) on top of the prices stated in any menu... Knowing more about your budget makes making suggestions easier... in most situatons Mains will begin around $ 15 to $ 20 and go up from there (High end 5-Star places like some of the Wineries around NOTL can easily run $ 35 to $ 50 for mains).

Edited: 23 March 2012, 02:54
NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moffat Inn

Hi Wine 4-2.. You are right, the reviews aren't ancient, I was just hoping for something a little more recent... As per budget for food, we don't really have a budget... We like nice restaurants, and it can be upscale or not, as long as they serve good food. Just wanted to know if anyone knows of a particular place where we can both find something on the menu.. I hate going into a place and asking for a vegetarian option, and they tell me they can give me a salad or a plate of grilled vegetables.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moffat Inn

You can splash out at a winery restaurant like Peller or Hillebrand, or you can have the same type of gourmet fare in a cosy bistro in town. I highly recommend The Stone Road Grille......they're very happy to please any tastes and always have vegetarian options.

http://www.stoneroadgrille.com/

Generally most restaurants in Niagara on the Lake do have interesting vegetarian options.....especially those at the higher end.

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moffat Inn

Thank you do much

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moffat Inn

Thank you do much

Edited: 23 March 2012, 13:48
NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moffat Inn

sorry about the spelling and posting twice... Was on my phone, and I'm not very good with it yet....

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moffat Inn

No worries! And btw, vegetarians aren't pains in the neck. ;)

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moffat Inn

I don't think so , but my hubby does (lol)

Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moffat Inn

I live in Niagara on the lake and the Moffat Inn has just recenty gone through a major renovation in the past year and as far as I hear all is great there. Many places to eat in town and the major hotel players all have amazing menus however may be too pricey depending on what you want. There is a family diner and a mid scale restaraunt where all the locals go. The Red Rooster and the The Olde Winery wine bar are there names. Have a great visit to Niagara as there is sooooo much to see.

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moffat Inn

Thank you for the useful info.. I appreciate it.

Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake