We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver Holiday

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Vancouver Holiday

My wife and I are travelling to Vancouver from 28th March - 31st March. We are mid 20s and would like to know the best spots to visit while we are there, whether it be the must see tourist spots or the local bars and clubs.

We dont have a car to travel around in, and are staying in the west end near the robson public market.

Look forward to all responses

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,235 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver Holiday

Hi Billydog and welcome to the Vancouver forum,

As you can imagine, a very broad question like that is very difficult to answer. I'd recommend you start with the Top Questions listed on the right side of the page. They link to discussions or articles written by the same people who are on here answering questions. As the same questions tend to get the same answers, you can pretty quickly find your way to the info that will answer your question. If you have a more specific question, you'll find lots of help here.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,855 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver Holiday

The location of your hotel is great. Lots of restos and it's a vibrant neighbourhood.

As you haven't stated your interests, always very helpful, and as you have only 2+ days, I will post my file copy of some highlights of Vancouver. They are grouped geographically.

VANCOUVER DOWNTOWN:

Stanley Park, including the Aquarium

Gastown - for a self guided walking tour: http://www.gastown.org/history/index.html --> take a self guided walking tour. Otherwise this historic birthplace of Vancouver will just be brick and stone to you.

Chinatown

Robson Street

Bill Reid Gallery at 639 Hornby St. between Dunsmuir and Georgia

Vancouver Art Gallery, with its great Gallery Café

The Marine Building at 355 Burrard St. for the exterior, facade, entrance, foyer and the inside of the brass-doored elevators. Notice the marine and ship themes. Office hours only.

NORTH SHORE:

Grouse Mountain

Lynn Canyon Susp Bridge (free)

Capilano Susp Bridge ($$$)

SOUTH SIDE OF FALSE CREEK

Granville Island and False Creek

Maritime Museum - www.vancouvermaritimemuseum.com/page216.htm

Van Dusen Gardens

Queen Elizabeth Park and the Bloedel Conservatory

4 Self Guided walks - vancouver.ca/commsvcs/…index.htm

Museum of Anthropology at UBC

Nitobe Memorial Gardens at UBC - http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/nitobe

Greenheart Canopy Walkway at UBC Botanical Gardens –

www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/canopy-walkway

----------------

If you would like to find the ones that appeal to you, put together a bit of a 2 day plan and run it by us, we could definitely comment and tweak it for getting the best out of your time.

Gastown is noted for pubs and restaurants.

You'll likely find it cold here so dressing in layers would be a good idea. Plus tuque, scarf, gloves. Fleece hoodie too. That way you can easily take off a layer if you get too warm or add on a layer if you find yourself cold.

3. Re: Vancouver Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:15