We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary Stampede

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Calgary Stampede

Anyone able to provide advice on the Calgary Stampede in regard to following questions please?

1. How many days are recommended to attend to take in the attractions.

2. Are there any special days that you would recommend?

3. Best hotels within walking distance. Budget $150 - $180 AUD Per night

4. Has Calgary other attractions worthwhile whilst there outside mountain scenery?

4 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Calgary Stampede

1. At least two, go to the afternoon rodeo one afternoon and evening performance on the other day. I've done both on one day but it is tiring and you don't have a lot of time to see the other attractions.

2. The first Friday is the big parade through downtown Calgary.

3. We use CDN$ here so I have no idea what that converts to in AUD. Presume the Victoria listed under your name is the one in Australia not in Canada. You might want to add that to avoid confusing some folks.

4. Calgary Zoo, Heritage Park, Bell Music Centre.

Edited: 05 June 2018, 15:02
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,165 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Calgary Stampede

You probably won't find accommodations within walking distance in your budget. But the Stampede had two C-Train (tram) stations, so accommodations in walking distance of a Red Line station will be just as good.

Check out this article for a list (scroll down):

https:/…Stampede.First.Time.Visitors.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Calgary Stampede

Just for the record, there's not a lot of mountain scenery actually in Calgary. On a clear day, from certain parts of the city, you can see the mountains in the distance.

Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
4. Re: Calgary Stampede

You wont find accommodations in that price range during the Stampede as its a very busy time and most hotels are already sold out. Anything downtown at this late stage will be expensive. Stay at the airport to save money or find an air b and b or apt rental instead.

Dinasaur Provincial Park is East of the City 1 - 2 hours. Dry desert landscape in the badlands on Canada.

Drumheller is home to the Royal Tyrell Museum.

The Badlands has the highest concentration of Dinasaur fossils in the world and is interesting.

Atlas Coal mine is in the area and is also cool, you can go down the mines on a tour. Last standing historical mine left in Canada. National Historic Site.

Reply to: Calgary Stampede
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted