We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and fly at Calgary Airport

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Park and fly at Calgary Airport

Where is the best place to park and fly from Calgary airport. First time flying out from Calgary. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
5 replies to this topic
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Park and fly at Calgary Airport

I prefer Park2Go. You leave them your keys. They valet for you. Take a shuttle to the terminal. When you arrive back, text your ticket number to them......they will have your car ready and running for you once the shuttle picks you up. Discount for you if you are flying WestJet, or have AMA too.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park and fly at Calgary Airport

If you must bring your car it's a toss up with Park2go and economy at the airport for me. The economy lot is a tad more, but it is so nice to just walk to your car nearby and avoid the shuttle.

If you can leave your car somewhere else safe and free...I ALWAYS take "Car2go"!...a car service you drive that charges by the minute. You need to be a member, it only works if you live near the inner part of the city, and you have to park it at the Park2go lot, but, it usually works out to be $10-15 cheaper each way...best for longer duration trips. https://www.car2go.com/CA/en/

There are a few discounted car lots with shuttles a tad cheaper like Skyview Parking, but for me, they are just too far to get to.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,597 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park and fly at Calgary Airport

Park2Go is the way to go. Easy, Simple, no worries and excellent pricing.

Cheers

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Park and fly at Calgary Airport

Park & Jet is better and closer.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park and fly at Calgary Airport

I have used Park2Go if decision is purely price, Park And Jet when Park2Go is full, and airport longer term packade when I can expense it for work. By far, cheapest is Park2Go with a couple of coupons and incentives, and airport parkade is best for shelter and ensuring your car is safe, and no waiting for shuttles etc... just a very short walk. Beware of shopping on price alone, read on.

I have used Park2Go for number of years without issues until last week. Upon pick up, noticed two long scratches on a door. I am adamant it wasn't there before, and they are adamant it didn't happen while in their care, and so it's a case of he said she said without much I can do. So you have to ask yourself whether you're ok if this happened to you. Consider these options. 1) their competitor Park And Jet is competitively priced, offers Aeroplan miles, is self park, so there's no wage worker handling your car. No one else has access to your car. No one is moving your car up to the front waiting for your return where lots of people are loading and unloading luggage in tight areas brushing against your car. Park And Jet has a shuttle that will come down the parking lot to pick you up at your car 2) Park2Go may clear the snow off your windshield, I always find they do an ok job but I always have to finish it myself. 3) both options 1 & 2 are outdoors uncovered parking so you are exposed to hail storms in summer. You can park at the airport parkade for about $50 more for that peace of mind of being under a roof, and a short walk to the underground tunnel (P2 to international) or sky bridge (P1 to domestic), no waiting for shuttles. I know my scratched door is going to cost more than $50 to fix, and that wasn’t a hail storm.

Here is all they said after I emailed a photo of my scratch door to their manager, following shift manager’s instructions and assurance they will review all their videos from cameras on site:

"I have looked at the scratch and it doesn't seem like it happened while in our care.

But, we can curtailing have it polished for you when you park with us the next time.

Please email me when you have plans to park with us again and we can get it looked after."

Edited: 04 June 2018, 05:37
Reply to: Park and fly at Calgary Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted