We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in planning 11 days trip

Hougang New Town...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help in planning 11 days trip

As of now i'm planning to visit Calgary from Toronto from 29 Sep - 9 Oct.

The main idea i have is to visit Banff & Jasper. But i'm wonder will it be nice to include a trip down to Vancouver and could make my return flight from Vancouver instead.

If i plan 3 days each for Banff (30-2) & Jasper(3-5) and take a overnight bus (5th night) down to Vancouver. Will the trip be too demanding?

Cheers

3 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in planning 11 days trip

This year you might have some difficulty finding accomodations for Banff and Jasper. Don't book flights until you have accomodation booked.

Suggest you do Jasper first then Banff, and over to Vancouver. I'd fly tho, no point in wasting a full day on a bus.

Don't use third party booking sites as the hotels in the national parks have no need to use them. Call the hotels directly.

Not sure where you are from but by October 9, out Thanksgiving Day some of the attractions will be closing down. Some trails may be closed and there may be snow at higher elevation hikes.

Edited: 19 July 2017, 04:16
Hougang New Town...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in planning 11 days trip

Hi Edmonoton_mamma even late Sept will still be crowded? I saw a overnight bus, but will consider flying. 9 oct i will be flying back to Toronoto. But generally will it be too much of a rush?

Calgary. Alberta
Level Contributor
132 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in planning 11 days trip

Late September/early October the crowds will really drop off. You shouldn't have a problem finding accommodation. Like was mentioned, a few of the attractions might be winding down, either closed or on reduced operating hours. But there is still tons to do!

Reply to: Help in planning 11 days trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted