We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soccer bar

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Soccer bar

I will be in Calgary for the whole month of August and as I am a football fan and Madridista I would love to watch real Madrid playing the Spanish supercup and the European supercup . The match will be in the morning Calgary time . I d like to know ehat are the good places to watch the matches ?

It is very important to me. Your suggestions and help are very much appreciated

7 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soccer bar

Just for clarification you I believe are talking about European soccer?

In Canada football is a very different game.

Calgary
Level Contributor
90 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soccer bar

What time in the morning are the matches? The Rose and Crown is a good place, but it only opens about 11 AM.

Finding the games at a pub might be a bit of a challenge. Sometimes they open early for Olympic hockey matches, but not usually for soccer. Closing times are usually between 2-3 AM on weekends and earlier (about midnight) during the week.

Good luck - hopefully someone else here has a better alternative.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soccer bar

Maybe the Ship & Anchor?

www.shipandanchor.com/calendar/2017_07.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soccer bar

I think there Ship and Anchor is a bit too hipster for soccer matches. First one that popped in my head was NewCastle Pub in Killarney.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soccer bar

I mentioned the Ship and Anchor as they already have soccer matches on their events calendar; I just don't know if they will have the ones that Otmane wants to see.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soccer bar

Haha, guess I should of opened the calendar...good to know. Never figured the Ship to be a soccer place, though I guess it is littered with soccer scarfs everywhere on the walls.

Calgary, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Soccer bar

We are soccer fans too - Barcelona, not Madrid, lol. We went to barcelona specifically to go to Camp Nou and watch MSN play, that remains one of the highlights of my life.

To respond to OP, we always go to Schanks for the big games, but you need to call them in advance to see if they are open at that time and showing the game. Also we have had instances where one location is not showing but another is, so call around at different locations.

Reply to: Soccer bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted