We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental: a la Carte dining only once per 3nts?

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
471 posts
58 reviews
Occidental: a la Carte dining only once per 3nts?

Have a five night stay booked here and am very concerned because of this information uncovered in one of the reviews. Can anyone confirm? This seems crazy! I sent an email to the General Manager and am awaiting his reply.

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Occidental: a la Carte dining only once per 3nts?

That is correct and I think quite unusual for a Resort. I think they hold firm to this rule and not sure why.

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
471 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Occidental: a la Carte dining only once per 3nts?

Here is the response I got from Esmeralda, the assistant general manager:

"If we have available the space for all the nights our guest service will let you know at your arrival please contact Idaly she is located next to the front desk."

Sounds like they aim to get us there and then disappoint us! The resort sounds fine in all other respects. Perhaps a lot of the positive reviews are from people who upgraded to Royal, with it's own a al carte dining room.

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
471 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Occidental: a la Carte dining only once per 3nts?

Just got off the phone with my travel agent (Costco) and they pointed out some fine print that is specific to their contract with the resort in which it says the following:

"Guests may dine at the à la carte specialty restaurants (La Hacienda and Los Olivos) one time for stays of two nights, two times for stays of three to four nights, three times for stays of five to six nights and four times for stays of seven nights or more."

So I should be good to go! Now I can relax and get excited about this property.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Occidental: a la Carte dining only once per 3nts?

Do get off of the AI property to try some of the many great restaurants in La Cruz, Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta or Puerto Vallarta.

5. Re: Occidental: a la Carte dining only once per 3nts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta