We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caddy?

Utah
6 posts
Caddy?

We are going to be golfing in Nuevo Vallarta. It seems all of the courses require you to have a Caddy. Is this true? if so, do the ride in the carts with you? Thanks.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Caddy?

I also replied on the PV forum. When we played at the marina coursea few years ago, we rode carts and the caddie "ran" along with us. A lady in our group had her club fly out of her hand and into a shallow water hazard. The caddie rolled up his pants and waded in after it.

He marks and cleans everyones ball on the green and points out the break for your puut. One caddy took care of 3 of us. Really worked hard.

California
Level Contributor
372 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Caddy?

Unless something has changed in the past year, caddies are not required. My husband & I golfed @ the 2 Vista Vallarta courses, Marina & El Tigre w/out one. We did see one person @ 1 of the Vista Courses with a caddie (in same cart), but that was it.

Utah
6 posts
3. Re: Caddy?

Thanks for the responses. I would rather not have a caddy, I feel my golf game is not caddy worthy, playing for fun.

California
Level Contributor
372 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Caddy?

My husband is a 6 handicap-I am a lot higher than that. we both had a great time. At the Jack N. Vista Course they paired us with 2 members who were pretty good golfers, but tons of fun, really nice guys-we had a great time, & even though I can hold y own, they were very tolerant of my "bad" shots. I felt very comfortable.

California
Level Contributor
372 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Caddy?

oops...hold "my" own.

6. Re: Caddy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta