We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marival reviews?...yikes

K&B
Chicago northern...
14 posts
marival reviews?...yikes

Some of the recent reviews are pretty scary. My family is leaving in less than 2 weeks for a week long stay here. I know to take some of these reviews with a grain of salt. I sure hope our experience is not the same as some of these first time posters!!!!

Looking forward to sunny skies, cold drinks, decent food and no rodents LOL

Kathy

Mesquite, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
1. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

K&B, where are you reading these reviews. I am going to be there at the Marival, Sept. 13-20. Everything I have read on this forum has been very positive. I am really exited.

But keep in mind that regardless there are some people that just can't be happy and satisfied anywhere they would be staying.

I feel real good about my choice of the Marival.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

Hey guys. I'm heading back to the Marival for the third time in two years. We love the place. We have tried a lot of others and keep coming back.

As a rule of thumb on reviews, throw out weather and travel related issues, then throw out the best review and the worst, and the truth is somewhere in between.

Never seen a rat either. Well except for some airport time share salesmen.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

Kathy take a look at the "Negative Reviews" thread on the Puerto Vallarta Forum. And don't worry.

K&B
Chicago northern...
14 posts
4. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

Not worried!!!

The good reviews far outweigh the negatives. I try to view the glass as half full!!

We have been to several AI in Mexico, from basic to 5 star and have loved them all. Our kids are excited to be taking their 3rd Mexico vacation. Hubby and I will be on our 6th!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
124 reviews
5. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

It seems like the bad review first-time posters are gather together in summer and head down to Mexico unprepared and unhappy.

Actually some of the reviews make for a good chuckle :)

Been to Marival twice and the only rats I ever saw were some of the front desk staff ;D

It is NOT the Four Seasons nor the Grand Velas (but you aren't paying the high prices those resorts charge).

We love Marival :)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

We stayed at the Marival for 10 days and had a great time. The only problem we had were the pools were chilly. Even the suppositly heated pool was cold. Other than that no complaints.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

Hey all - we leave for the Marival in 113 days for our 5th stay there. I travel with a group of ladies in the spring to a different resort each time but for our family Thanksgiving trip the Marival is the only place the family want to go. We have never had a bad experience. We have stayed in the regular rooms, the one bedroom, and the two bedroom. All the rooms are great. No complaints whatsoever.

The staff is great, the beach and water fun is the best, and the food is standard all-inclusive.

To those of you leaving soon, I'm jealous but at least the weather here is good (for another month or so). Have a great time.

New Castle...
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
8. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

My family stayed at the Marival twice. We loved it both times. The rooms were clean, and any problems we had (remote not working, etc.) were quickly remedied after we called the front desk.

Many of the staff do not speak English, but guess what? You're in Mexico! A friendly smile goes a long way, and knowing a few words of Spanish doesn't hurt.

We're trying a different part of the world next year for our vacation, but I'm sure we'll compare everything to the Marival.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
124 reviews
9. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

Vacationonbound :) That always crack me up..."I gave this place a 1 star as there was no english spoken by the maids, towel boys, etc, etc" umm yea...trying learning/speaking a few words of spanish....You are in Mexico.....

One more that gets to me this time of year is..*there were so many Mexicans staying here, that made it not nice*

Chicago
3 posts
10. Re: marival reviews?...yikes

K&B- I was also worried about some of the reviews until I read this posting. Sounds like a great resort to me and at a fraction of the other resort prices. Funny enough I am also going in two weeks and I am from the Northern Chicago burbs.

The only worry I have is the rain.

Does anyone have experience in August for rain? Does it really on rain slightly for an hour or two. Just hoping I can sit outside at least a couple full days.