We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

Just read on the website about the extensive renovations taking place at the above, has anyone been recently or there now who can give an update on this as we go in July and don't want to be in the middle of a building site

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

check out http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/site/ in the forum section...

on the Barcelo facebook page they wrote..

As part of our commitment to offer the best quality to our clients, we have decided to invest heavily on the renovations for different areas of the Resort, that will start from May 6th and will continue until December 8th of 2013. Among the planned improvements are a complete renovation of Barceló Maya Beach and Barceló Maya Caribe lobbies; new bars at both hotels and two new a-la-carte restaurants. Additionally, the complex will feature a new Barceló Maya Entertainment Center, complete with a sports bar, bowling alley, teen disco, new kids club, waterpark, paddle tennis courts and redesign of the 18-hole miniature golf course, among other entertainment components.

There will also be upgrades made to the internal infrastructure of Barceló Maya Beach and Barceló Maya Caribe to provide guests with better access to the facilities and more amenities. The renovation’s first phase includes:

- Expansion and modernization of the lobbies

- Construction of a new Lobby Bar

- New Premium Lounge Club

- New hospitality area

- Construction of roofed areas to access all buildings

- Renovation of the buffet restaurant

As always we would like to thank you for the support to the improvements which hopefully, you can soon enjoy

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

That's what I read but I asked if anyone had been/ was there for an update

Oregon
Level Contributor
90 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

I would like to know what it is really like too. I made a reservation for October and will be really irritated if the mini golf is inaccessible :(

Anxious to here some first hand reports of what is happening.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

check out http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/site/ in the forum section...

there is some up to date info there from people who are there or just returned.

Worcester
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

I can't access the unofficial website. Can anyone else? Thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

Try this;

http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/forum/ (URL when I'm logged in as a registered user)

or this;

unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/forum/index.php (URL when I'm not logged in as a registered user)

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

Just came back.

See my reply on the other Barcelo renovation and noise topic on this page

canada
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

I just returned from Barceló s yesterday

I stayed at the Palace for 8 days but did walk dwn the beach to take a look at the renovations

you will not be affected by any noise they completely shut dwn the Maya Beach and Barceló Maya Caribe resorts

You prob will be staying at the Colonial that is right next to the Maya Caribe I did swim in the Colonial, pool and no noise at all

. The only resorts open at this time is Colonial, Tropical and the Palace

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

If you are booked into the Maya Beach, you will be put into the Tropical section unless you are a Transat client and then you are put in the Colonial section.

10. Re: Renovations at Barcelo Maya Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras