We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Yep! It's a done deal and we are super excited. Our family of 5 will be there for 11 nights beginning Sept. 19th. Anyone else going to be there at the same time?

Any suggestions and/or tips would be welcomed and appreciated.

WOOT!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Clap, clap, clap Dana!.......how will you sleep for the next couple of months....waiting in anticipation!:):) Congrats! Margaret

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

I have been to the resort ten times and will be happy to answer specific questions. I can't post links here so you may want to go to unofficial p for a map and menus.

Suggestions: I suggest familiarzing yourself with the map.Carry the map with you for the first couple of days to help you find short cuts.

Pack more than one pair of comfortable shoes, an

extension cord with extra outlets, lots of suntan lotion, boys (over 12) and men must wear long trousers to the ala cartes.

Familiarize yourself with the transportation system when you get there. When we were there in

April the red train was running frm 8 am to 2 am, there were golf carts and papmovils also. The

system changes based on occupancy.

You can use all amenities at all four resorts (except Royal). That includes all restaurants. Ala

cartes are unlimited.Suggest getting there before 7. Menus are on UP

We have been ther twice in Sept. It's a nice time to go, quiet.Weather is usually nice although we did get two days of rain. Use the rainy days for shopping in PDC or reading a good book.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
604 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

I have been to the Palladium twice and LOVE the place.

You will have a great vacation there..

Check out palladiumaddict dot net site... you will get tons of info, pictures and anything else you want to know about the GP on that site. They even have web cam links on there.

any questions just ask.......

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Thanks everyone.....I'm already a Palladium Addict! I can't wait. I just know this is going to be the best family vacation EVER!

Michigan
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Hi There,

I've been to the Roo at least a dozen times and the Palladium, is perhaps, my favorite property (although I haven't ever met a resort I didn't like lol).

I believe you've been to CRT? I'm actually thinking of spliting my annual 2 week solo trip between CRT and the Palladium. Seems as though we have similar taste in resorts :)

Cheryl :)

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Cheryl~

The CRT was pretty wonderful...but my hubby and I could have fun in paper bag. LOL! I loved the peace and quiet of the CRT...very relaxing. The beach is phenominal and pretty much secluded. Staff was wonderful, but a little slow in the ala carte restaurants. I wish they would have had a dinner buffet for a quicker option, but we survived! Try the room service if you don't feel like going out for dinner. It was great and included in the price!

The entertainment team was top notch in terms of socialability....the friendliest people ever. Say hi to Melina and Antoine...you'll fall in love with them.

Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Yeah!!! That is awesome!!! Your family is going to have a fantastic time. This resort is totally amazing.

Tips:

Have a fantastic time - but that is a given at a Grand Palladium.

Bubba Mugs or any other type of insulated mug is great to keep your beverages cold and they don't tip over or spill and keeps the sand out (and drink in) if they do. Very environmentally friendly way to enjoy a cool drink, water, or juice.

Catch at least one sunrise - so peaceful and beautiful.

Get to know the staff - they are what makes the resort and keeps us going back year after year.

Kantenah beach - we love that area. Totally tropical, peaceful and can walk out with barely any rocks in the water. Take a bun or banana out and put little pieces in the water and watch your very own live fish bowl come alive.

White Sands Beach area - great for snorkelling.

Be sure to check out the Salt Water Pool - too cute.

No need for the fancy heeled shoes. Go with a cute pair of flats and sandals.

Be sure to go and explore all the different paths. Lots of shortcuts will be found and very picturesque.

Churros for breakfast - Yum!!!

Evening entertainment - a must. Be sure to check out the shows in the Riviera lobby as quite often they would perform with a live band too!!

Have a blast and oh, we wish it was us. Soon :o)

Any questions just ask - we've been 4 times.

Michigan
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

Roostergirl,

You and I may be the only two people who wishes that buffet was at least an option at CRT. I prefer ala' carte when I'm traveling with friends, but on my annual solo trip I do like to be in and out quickly. However; CRT has room service, and that will work out sweet.

I haven't booked yet, but it's looking pretty certain I'm going to split my vacation. One week at CRT (first week for total rest and relaxation). Second week at Palladium for a bit more action.

Cheryl :)

Victoria
Level Contributor
245 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

We just returned from the Palladium - wow, what a beautiful resort!! Yes, take good walking shoes. Bug spray was handy if you are walking around at dusk or through covered walkways in later afternoon, but by September, this might not be an issue. Others can likely comment better on this(just for mosquitos -- didn''t see other bugs.)

My husband doesn't even want to try a different resort. I would be interested in checking out others but would love to return to the Palladium as well (like, right now would be good... looking out the window at home at our 15 degree weather... yikes....) We have also considered the CRT -- maybe next time, who knows? It's hard to try something else when your first resort is like the Palladium

Enjoy your trip! I'm envious!

10. Re: Finally booked the Palladium!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 05:18