We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 apple square deal

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
6 apple square deal

Anyone back from 6 apple square deal? Wondering were they are place in peoaple, great deals going on right now and really can't pass them by.

Chicago Il.
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 apple square deal

was curious about this also. Very good deals out of ORD too. There aren't that many 6 apples out there that you can bring kids to, any eplies would be helpful.

Mike

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 apple square deal

I am also very curious about this one. There are currently two being offered. One is for Adults Only.

Sure hope we get some information,

Prize :)

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 apple square deal

Waiting to hear from my TrvAgt as to which hotels are included in 6 Apple. I think Dreams Puerto Aventuras is one.....I wasnt crazy about it when it was sunscape, and the "regular" price for the 10 days I want to go in September is over $4,000. so not worth it for that price.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 apple square deal

Karenj.....I checked out Apple's site for props rated 5 apples. I think you may be right on Dreams PA.

Also, I am thinking the Adults Only is Secrets Silversands, but...will wait to see what your travel agent says.

Re $4000 for 10 days at Dreams PA...I agree, not worth it. You can pay far less for a better beach.

Prize :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 apple square deal

MOst of you already know this, but for those that don't........

Apple Leisure is the parent company of both Apple Vacations and AmResorts. Amresorts is under contract to manage both Dreams and Secrets properties. Apple leisure is also the parent company of USA3000 (the airline) and AmStar (the tour company).

I certainly don't mind the nice little monopoly that has been built, as at times this can lend to great prices, but I do feel strongly that it is only fair that the general traveler be made aware that there is a vested interest in keeping the Dreams and Secrets resorts booked at capacity.

In other words, be advised.....the companies are in bed together :). Not a good thing. Not a bad thing. But certainly a thing.

Mind you, this doesn't mean that 100% of people choosing the apple square deals will be placed at a dreams and/or secrets, but based on my research about 95% of guests do end up at Dreams or Secrets (and in the old days Sunscape, but what do you know..... there are no more sunscapes lol).

Hope this helps,

Cheryl :)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 apple square deal

WE did a square deal May of 2007 and was put up at the Bahia Principe Coba. $649.00 pp out of ord (Chi) Had a great time, just didnt like the beach at all. But for that price who can complain.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 apple square deal

My TrvAgt said that right now, the 6 "red fruit" square deal would include the following hotels:

Aventura Spa, Dreams PA, Grand Velas, any of the Secrets resorts, or the Valentin....

(but she also said she wouldnt do the Sq deal for 10 nights)......I would have taken the chance, except for the Dreams PA....I really dont want that....so I'm doing Grand Sirenis - great price.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 apple square deal

I am aware of the deal between apple and am resorts, have been traveling with apple for the past 10 years and haven't had a complaint as of yet.

TA said it could be a number of different resorts but, I am pretty sure we will be staying at the Dreams PA since we are taking 3 year old grandchild with us. This deal was the best deal out there because she was only $100.00. Could'nt get a 4

apple for the price we are paying.

We were just at Secrets Silversands in April, would go back if we didn't have granddaughter.

Any info on Dreams PA would be appriciated.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 apple square deal

Cheryl, Karenjme, and the other poster, whose name escapes me(Sorry), thanks for your input. Yes, due to the AmResorts thing, I assumed for the Adults Only one, we would be in Secrets. Since Secrets Silversands is relatively new, and there are some outstanding specials on the prop, I would venture a guess that is where people would go. $1000 plus change is awesome for a quick 4 day to a Secrets property. Now...if only I can talk the hubbie into it, or convince everyone my 14 year old is an Adult(only kidding).

Thanks,

Prize ;(

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 apple square deal

Apple was advertising SSS for $699.00, that is a great deal for 7 days. We got 6 apple square for $4200 for 4 adults and 1 child. Leaving from Pittsburgh.