We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage on el palmar beach

canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
246 reviews
Massage on el palmar beach

3 places to get a massage on this beach. I have been to two of them.

The one i have yet to go to is close to the marina and is in multiple numbered small huts. The cost is from 150-200 pesos plus tip for an hour. Anyone has tried them this year?

The second is Rosario' s spa near the bay view condos. The space is a large and mostly open hut. Not very private. The massage is strong but the technique is jarring...stop and start. Definitely worked out kinks but everything hurt later. My daughter preferred them despite this. They are my second choice. Cost is 250 pesos plus tip for an hour.

The third is my personal favorite. Near the public beach entrance and the cliff face is a large hut run by Letty. Separated treatment areas with slightly more privacy. The technique used is a much more smooth and fluid one but still strong (specify you want a stronger massage). 300 plus tip for an hour.

Thoughts comments?

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Massage on el palmar beach

Can you be more specific about the 3rd one. Can't picture a "cliff" near a public access point on that beach.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Massage on el palmar beach

I got two massages last week at the numbered huts. Both were well worth 200 pesos. I went to hut 7, but it's difficult to request a particular masseuse. About 20 masseuses will try to tackle you as soon as you walk near the huts.

canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
246 reviews
3. Re: Massage on el palmar beach

The booth is at the a south end of the beach between the gondolas and the Barcello hotel. The gondolas are next to the cliff.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Massage on el palmar beach

Are you talking about the one just south (couple hundred feet) of the Barceló and right where the public beach access is or the one that is part of the Pacifica Resort property?

Edited: 14 January 2015, 12:41
canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
246 reviews
5. Re: Massage on el palmar beach

The booth on the beach near the Barcello hotel and the public access on the way to the Pacifica resort as you head south. I don't think the Pacifica one is on the beach.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Massage on el palmar beach

Our group of 10 had massages at both. Those that went to Letty's did not find it much better than the huts at the other end of the beach. As mentioned earlier a tad more privacy. Tip...if you are going to the numbered huts 1-7 bring your own towel to lay on as they don't change between people. And although I enjoyed massages last year without problems this year after my third massage, the night before leaving I broke out in a head to toe rash....my skin is not sensitive. 1 week out and the rash has finally settled but I remain itchy. Just an FYI, may be worthwhile to soap and shower after!

7. Re: Massage on el palmar beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations