We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood restaurant on Ixtapa Island ?

ontario
Level Contributor
486 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood restaurant on Ixtapa Island ?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reasonable priced restaurant for some shellfish on Ixtapa Island? (lobster, shrimps);

Thanks

El Tiburon de la Costa
€€ - €€€, Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Lili Cipriani
€€ - €€€, Mexican, Seafood
Deborah's Restaurant
€€ - €€€, Mexican, Seafood
Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood restaurant on Ixtapa Island ?

Barbie , I 'm going to offer some general advice that all the beach restaurants on the very small Isla are inexpensive for that island location where everything must be boated in . All the places want your business , badly , and you can feel pressured to make a choice . My advice is to sit somewhere that appeals to you at first and order one beer after asking the price .

Sit at that spot and then scout out menus and simply move after paying with a tip to your choice .

There are three beaches with food service . Two of them share kitchens on a low ridge but high enough to not see the other side unless you know to look . We prefer any of those kitchens as you can pick up your stuff and change sides for shade or just a change of venue and still run the same tab .

Not precisely what you asked but some help at least to get you started .

ontario
Level Contributor
486 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood restaurant on Ixtapa Island ?

sounds interesting, I will take your advice. IWhen you are dropped off from the ferry, is it best to grab a place right there, or are they areas further away to order food.

Can you tell me if lobster and shrimps are available on the island? and if so, do they gauge you in price or is it decent.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood restaurant on Ixtapa Island ?

It's been a while for me but thinking of a golf hole , the island is less than 400 yards wide between the two beaches I mention , one being the coral beach . The third beach is a similar distance up or down a short path . There are docks at two of the beaches and none at the coral beach . Nothing is very far away .

Shrimp will be available but not local , not sure about lobster but plenty of fish in many treatments . Guacamole from fresh avocados is always an easy request to buy some time when deciding .

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood restaurant on Ixtapa Island ?

You really don't want to waste your money on lobster in the I/Z area. it's just not that good.

5. Re: Seafood restaurant on Ixtapa Island ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa