We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

Can somebody give me advice which resort is better and which resort has nicer beach?

Thanks

Joanna

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

I did Tesoro as a winter escape with no intention of staying around the hotel. My room was excellent. Beach was rough but fine for a shallow swim. Everything else was basic but certainly OK. This is a place to sleep but not a place to hang around. Bunk here and go exploring for meals etc.

Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Ixtapa
Tesoro Ixtapa
892 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Oakdale, Minnesota
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

Never stayed at Tesoro but it's only like 3 doors down from dorado, beach won't be any different. We are returning to the Dorado and do like that place.

Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Ixtapa
Tesoro Ixtapa
892 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

Thanks for your fast answer, I already booked Tesoro as Dorado was sold out this morning. If we like Ixtapa, we will try Dorado next time.

Thanks, Joanna

Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Ixtapa
Tesoro Ixtapa
892 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

We have stayed at Tesoro a couple of times ,nice place ,clean ,nice beach,good food .Staying at Dorado this time ,we got a better price compared to Tesoro .When are you going ?

Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Ixtapa
Tesoro Ixtapa
892 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,535 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

Tesoro is a nice 3 star AI. I would suggest room 151 becuase it is a corner room with a window in the bathroom and a nice view of the pool and ocean. You can also walk up a flight a stairs and not wait for the elevators. If you want an ideal sunset view request a room on the 4th floor. I should have pictures on room 151 under my profile. Ted&Julie

Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Ixtapa
Tesoro Ixtapa
892 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Kelowna B.C.
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

We have stayed at the Tesoro twice and loved it. We Stayed at the Sunscape this year and loved it also.

Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Ixtapa
Tesoro Ixtapa
892 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
7. Re: Tesoro or Sunscape Dorado Pacifico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations