We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

ontario
Level Contributor
486 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

Are you only allowed 3 a la cartes per week? Has anyone been able to get more?

Also - Can you eat at the Azul Ixtapa also if you are staying at the Grand?

Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
592 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

I have not been yet but as part of my pre-trip routine I have been reading every thing I can - sometimes over and over!! From what I've read, you do get 3 a la carte dinners per week.

In her posts, SEGM who stayed at the Grand recently said: "We were able to make a reservation at the Oyster Bar at Azul without question even though a different staff member told us we may not dine at the sister property's restaurants. " I have read other reviews as well where people staying at the Grand mentioned dining at the Oyster bar at Azul - so it appears that is possible. Other posters have also said they received conflicting information.

I have also read of others being allowed more a la carte dinners by checking to see if there was availability after 3 pm that day -but that may have been in a slower period.

Since the hotel has only been open about a year it seems they may be making changes and adapting as they go - and it may depend on a variety of factors.

I wish there was more to read as I have run out of stuff and am now reading reviews from other hotels just to get more tips on the area in general - and yes I have read all recent reviews on pretty much every activity under things to do too!

I figured I'd share what I knew - until someone else who has been there recently chimes in!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
592 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

Added note - I checked my PM as I had asked SEGM about sharing facilities and here is her helpful answer:

The facility sharing between the Azul and Grand seemed to be a little bit unclear. Upon check-in, we asked the front desk rep if we could dine at the Azul to which she said, "no". However, when we spoke with the restaurant reservations rep, he said we could. We proceeded with reservations at the Oyster Bar and after speaking with other guests as well as management-level employees, we concluded that sharing facilities was, in fact, allowed. Guests are allotted a number of dinners at the specialty restaurants based on their length of stay. We had three choices for our six nights

Edited: 22 February 2014, 05:46
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
592 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

Don H has a new review up on the Grand and he says -

"After about 2:30 you can ask if there are any restaurants that have openings and, if so, you can go to them in addition to the three you have with the package."

ontario
Level Contributor
486 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

Thank you CEEDEE!

Do you happen to know if they provide shampoo and conditioner? & robes and slippers in room?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
592 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

Yes, I have been told that lotions, shampoos, conditioners, and bath gel are all available in room.

I have seen a picture of the walk in closet area and it showed 2 hanging robes and slippers on a shelf - you can see this photo if you look through travelers' photos - under the Nov 2013 review by rocnrlr -

Cheers

Edited: 22 February 2014, 19:43
6. Re: Azul Grand Ixtapa a la Cartes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations